I guess 4 more years of the Bush Cowboy policies...

And NOT 4 years of unknown flipflopping and letting other nations leaders decide how we protect the US policies... :no

Absolutely, why flip flop?
Just make the wrong decision and follow it all the way through. :mad:

Well, I may have half the paycheck I had 4 years ago, be deeper in debt, and afraid I'll be unemployed soon ....BUT at least I'm alive and I think GW will do a better job of keeping me that way.

I guess NYC does not fall into the land security budget when we get the least amount of money and yet are the number one target of terrorist. I guess a lot of people will be singing a different tune if they had to work downtown Manhattan about feeling safe.

Sean Mota said:
will have to do. :no

Yee-Haa!

New Stir-ups for everyone, and the saloon never closes!

Come on, the guy Graduated from Harvard and Yale.

Or maybe you are implying that all southerners are "challenged"?

Actually I heard that because the vote is so close, that Bush will be President on Mon, Wed and Fri, and Kerry will be President on Tues, Thurs and Sat, and that they will alternate Sundays! :p

I only hope the Republicans come back to their senses of fiscal conservatism and small gov't -- low taxes and low spending. So far, Dubya has been awful. Of course, tax-and-spend Kerry would have been worse. Not much of a choice this time for people who want small gov't.

"Don't Blame Me! I Voted LIBERTARIAN!" :D

Ye haa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwgiii said:
In the words of the great Bruce Willis.

Yippie-Kia-Yay MF:D

i could not have said it any betta :D :usa @party @party

Attachments

• bushsupporttroops.jpg
    bushsupporttroops.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 203
A Miserable failure

The first 4 yrs of this administration have been a miserable failure. The alternative wasn't too much better in Kerry. It was a nasty election with nothing but character assasination, fear tactics and false advertising. We the people, deserve better than that, and there has to be a better choice. The govt should be for the poeple, and we as a group should make certain that the candidates campaign and vie for our votes with as much integrity as possible and through positive campaigning. THe consilidation of media is also a huge problem. THe lies, deceit and character assasination that has been thr norm since he ran for Texas Governor by the Bush people and Karl Rove is absolutely horrible and they are all scumbags in my opinion. On the other hand, the Kerry people were not too much better in the way they campaigned. All in all, I think all Americans and the world lose with four more years of this administration.

Kerry went before congress after the war and stated that he murdered innocent women and children at gunpoint... but he was just following orders. O and all those men fighting with me in Vietnam were criminals

Now 25 yrs later, he wanted your vote and be commander in chief?

I see a real character flaw here. Thankgod that nutcase lost.

I thought flip-flopping was John "Waffle House" Kerry's job?

Anyone else think Bush is the most awful speaker we've ever had as a Prez? He sounds like an uneducated backwoods Hick whenever he tries to speak off the cuff.

vurbano said:
Kerry went before congress after the war and stated that he murdered innocent women and children at gunpoint... but he was just following orders. O and all those men fighting with me in Vietnam were criminals

Now 25 yrs later, he wanted your vote and be commander in chief?

I see a real character flaw here. Thankgod that nutcase lost.

Please explain the "flaw" and why you feel he is a "nutcase". Are you saying that killing women and children is moral and he should not have had a problem with doing it? Please elaborate.

adtoolco said:
Election over fellas... I know it stings. I had to live with Clinton. Take it on the chin and shake it off. The people have spoken.

Well said. It's time to bury this thing. Here is the best post mortem I've read.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000039&refer=columnist_baum&sid=akMQufce5Iuc

Post Mortem: Kerry Could Have Been Somebody: Caroline Baum

Nov. 3 (Bloomberg) -- The 2004 presidential election was always John Kerry's to lose.

And lose he did, by a margin of 3.5 million votes.

Incumbent president George W. Bush won a 51 percent majority to Kerry's 48 percent. Bush amassed more than the 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory.

So what went wrong? The Democratic senator from Massachusetts was running against an unpopular president conducting an unpopular war in Iraq that's not going swimmingly.

The U.S. economy has failed to create enough jobs, even in the face of solid growth, to convince the voters that the country is headed in the right direction, according to various opinion polls.

The stock market posted no gains this year through Election Day.

Front-page stories revealed the Bush administration's suppression of intelligence that cast doubt on Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction. Last week's jihad accused the Bush administration of letting a cache of explosives disappear from a munitions storage facility after the U.S. invaded Iraq in March 2003.

Yet Kerry managed to lose the election. While the pundits from both parties will be writing the post mortems for the 2004 presidential election for days and weeks, herewith are my seven contenders for why the Massachusetts senator lost:

1. Anybody-but-Bush had to be somebody as well.

The vitriol directed at President Bush made it seem as if any Democratic candidate, short of being a complete boob, could walk away with the election.

That turned out not to be the case. The anybody had to be somebody. It's not enough to be not-somebody-else.

John Kerry never defined himself except as an antidote to President Bush. ``A fresh start'' is better suited to a deodorant commercial than a campaign slogan.

Other than posing as the anti-Bush and dwelling on how bad things are in the country, Kerry failed to present a vision for America that was more compelling than the status quo.

The U.S. is a young country. Except for a short tour of duty under King George III of Britain, all we've known is freedom and democracy. While the Republicans are notoriously bad at selling big ideas, the Democrats proved to be no better at the vision thing.

2. George Bush is not the British pound.

Billionaire investor George Soros thought he could run Bush out of the White House in the same way he pushed sterling out of the Exchange Rate Mechanism in 1992.

He was wrong.

Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC, spent $26.5 million to defeat Bush, more than any single donor or political action committee.

``I'm really proud of what I have done,'' Soros said on Oct. 28 at the National Press Club in Washington.

His investors wouldn't be happy with that kind of return.

In 1992, Soros bet $10 billion that the British government would not be able to defend the trading band for sterling and would be forced to let it fall.

He was right. He made $1 billion, or a 10 percent return on his investment.

All he has to show for his bet on Kerry is a goose egg. Democratic minister-without-portfolio Soros will have to wait four more years to be a player again.

3. The European press can stay home.

Most newspapers in Europe endorsed John Kerry. That's probably the biggest kiss of death for a candidate next to a blessing from Al Gore.

I can't recall the editorial pages of the U.S. press coming out in support of a candidate for chancellor of Germany or president of France.

Europe has yet to find something better than its stagnant- growth model. My advice to the Euro press: Devote your efforts to encouraging and endorsing leaders that bring new ideas to Old Europe and let us worry about our own.

4. Buying the Senate isn't as easy as buying a Senate seat.

New Jersey Democratic Senator Jon Corzine spent an estimated $60 million of his own fortune to buy himself a Senate seat in 2000. As head of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee this year, Corzine was reportedly a whiz at raising money. Unfortunately, he led his party to defeat.

The GOP increased its Senate majority to 54 seats from 51. The Democrats have 44 seats, down from 49, with Alaska still undecided. (Jim Jeffords of Vermont is an independent.)

The biggest blot on his record was the defeat of Senate minority leader Tom Daschle, who lost to John Thune. It may have been only one seat in sparsely populated South Dakota, but it was a big symbolic victory for the GOP.

5. Let them pitch Botox.

Hollywood and the music world came out in force for John Kerry. Bruce and John (Springsteen and Kerry) shared the stage at some high-visibility events over the past week, two millionaires united in their struggle for the little guy.

I could never understand why anyone would care what the folks in la-la land think about anything except the best Beverly Hills plastic surgeon.

I finally found an opinion poll (not in this election cycle) that validated my suspicions: Americans don't pay any attention to what the beautiful people think about substantive issues. That never stopped them from trying.

6. Even the Clinton team needs good raw material.

In an attempt to breathe some life into his campaign, Kerry hired Clinton wunderkinds James Carville and Paul Begala. Kerry is no Clinton. Clinton's appearances at the Democratic National Convention in July and with Kerry in the last week drove that point home.

The best strategists can't spin straw into gold.

Kerry's loss means Hillary doesn't have to wait until 2012 for her presidential bid. Carville and Begala have four years to figure out how to turn some of the red states blue, which is a tough assignment with the deep-blue Hillary.

7. Cave dwellers don't influence the U.S. electorate.

Osama bin Laden came out of his cave last week for a pre- election video performance. Everybody said Sheik Osama looked mah- vel-ous in his gold robe, what with the color restored to his cheeks.

The chattering classes said it would help Bush (a reminder of the terrorism threat) or it would help Kerry (a reminder that the al-Qaeda leader is still at large).

The lectern is a great look for academics. It's less effective for terrorists, whose punch lies in deeds, not words.

Osama failed to stage any terrorist attacks at the summer Olympics in Greece. He was MIA at the Democratic and Republican National Conventions in Boston and New York, respectively. And his experiment at influencing elections has been limited to Spain so far.

It sure seems like ``Osama's bin losin','' writes Claudia Rosett in her ``Real World'' column for the Wall Street Journal's OpinionJournal.com.

NightRyder

I agree, it is time to move on. I didn't want Bush ,but he won by a large percentage of the voters even in the popular vote. He won fair and square, so I'm for ending all the politcal posts bashing him or Kerry. It is now time to rally around the president and get on with the people's business. I only hope that Osama isn't a sore loser and decide to strike the U.S. in response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts