1 Remote with 2 DirecTV Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
I did some installation at a house which had 2 DirecTV receivers (1 HD DVR, and 1 HD non-DVR). Both receivers are in the same cabinet. Is there a way to program 1 remote to control both receivers? Also are these receivers capable of using the RF remote? If I got 1 RF remote can I control both of them from the 1 RF remote just by switching a switch?

Thanks

Your question isn't clear do you want 1 remote code to control both receivers at the same time?

No I want to be able to control 2 receivers with one remote but not at the same time. Like can I switch the switch at the top to a different thing to control the other receiver and leave it on DTV to control the first receiver? I would like to use the RF remote if that's possible.

No I want to be able to control 2 receivers with one remote but not at the same time. Like can I switch the switch at the top to a different thing to control the other receiver and leave it on DTV to control the first receiver? I would like to use the RF remote if that's possible.

Yes you can. One unit is controlled with the standard setting and the other with the remote set to AV1. The instructions should be in the receiver manual. If you can't find it there, do a search here. I remember seeing it at one point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts