10,000 dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vurbano said:
http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/article_9380.shtml

"Mayor Nagin, there WAS a young man in New Orleans with the gumption to act. A student apparently without a license, he nevertheless commandeered a school bus and drove about eighty people from New Orleans to Houston, a very hospitable place.

Why didn't YOU order the rest of the school buses and the municipal buses to be used to evacuate?"
how should he did that? There was no power and no phoneline to call the drivers. Or should he take fire and smoke like the Indians? :rolleyes:

Michael-Berlin said:
how should he did that? There was no power and no phoneline to call the drivers. Or should he take fire and smoke like the Indians? :rolleyes:

In America, we find it much more effective to evacuate people before the disaster strikes. :rolleyes:

... and they're called Native Americans not Indians - please keep your racists comments to yourself. ;)

im not even going to address our german friend other than to say that all lines were still up before the storm hit which is when they should have evacuated.

I don't feel the number will be near that high. Think the mayor gave that high number to cover his a$$. If it turns out to be 500 or so, he will say, well we did a much better job than you thought we did ". If the number is that high, he can say "told ya so".

Bruno said:
Help me understand how people were dying in two or three days when i had to watch Foxnews every day for 3-4 weeks to watch that shovio woman Die. I know she was not getting any food or water and it took her a long time to leave this world.

Now i can understand maybe they missed a few meals but falling over dead in a few days??

Shivo taking 3 - 4 weeks to die is an apple while those dying in nola and surounding locations are oranges. Shivo was in a hospital bed in a temperature controled room, her physical activity was limited to automatic bodily functions and a few movements here and there. The people in nola were in homes being flooded with contaminated water, indoor temperatures could easily reach the high 90's if they were stranded in attics the temperatures could reach 120 - 140 degrea's within a few hours of sunrise, physical activity would generaly be constant or close to it, water born infections were rampant and the bodies immune system would be working overtime taxing the bodies energy. Shivo's body was like a car at idle, she used little fuel so to speak while that of nola residents was a car running at 95mph across a bad dirt road in south dakota in the middle of summer, wich do you think would break down and run out of fuel faster?

CPanther95 said:
... and they're called Native Americans not Indians - please keep your racists comments to yourself. ;)
I don't mean it racistic and I'm not a racist. I'm sorry if my English isn't good enough to bring that over but I guess, you understand me very well ;)

I'm a white guy and as a white guy I cannot being a racist if I say, most of the black guys are very poor people. It would be racistic if I say (as a white guy!) "let that black suckers die" but I don't do something like that and that is NOT my opinion! And it would be racistic if I would being a black guy and say "only the blacks are very poor people".

Believe me ... we Germans realy do know what we have to say. On the one hand, we're communists if we say "America is bad" and on the other hand we're racists if we say "The black are too poor and w/o any help of their government". In every case, we are the dumb asses ;)

We don't say "Native Americans" for "Indians" or "African American" for "Blacks" ... no one is talking like this in Europe. I'm sorry for it. But I believe, that's a hidden racist system behind your system. The Americans are calling a black guy an "African American" but why do this poor guys live in a third class community? I've never seen a real rich African American. Michael Jackson is a white guy now. And others? Show me one, please.

I don't mean it bad. I realy support this poor guys ... whites AND blacks! But I have to say, that more percent of the poor people in the USA are black. And I believe, there's a hidden racist system behind.

rkr0923 said:
I don't feel the number will be near that high. Think the mayor gave that high number to cover his a$$. If it turns out to be 500 or so, he will say, well we did a much better job than you thought we did ". If the number is that high, he can say "told ya so".

As of Monday over 60 dozen bodies had been delivered to the make shift warehouse morgue, so thats 720 dead people and only as of monday.

Michael-Berlin said:
I don't mean it racistic and I'm not a racist. I'm sorry if my English isn't good enough to bring that over but I guess, you understand me very well ;)

I'm a white guy and as a white guy I cannot being a racist if I say, most of the black guys are very poor people. It would be racistic if I say (as a white guy!) "let that black suckers die" but I don't do something like that and that is NOT my opinion! And it would be racistic if I would being a black guy and say "only the blacks are very poor people".

Believe me ... we Germans realy do know what we have to say. On the one hand, we're communists if we say "America is bad" and on the other hand we're racists if we say "The black are too poor and w/o any help of their government". In every case, we are the dumb asses ;)

We don't say "Native Americans" for "Indians" or "African American" for "Blacks" ... no one is talking like this in Europe. I'm sorry for it. But I believe, that's a hidden racist system behind your system. The Americans are calling a black guy an "African American" but why do this poor guys live in a third class community? I've never seen a real rich African American. Michael Jackson is a white guy now. And others? Show me one, please.

I don't mean it bad. I realy support this poor guys ... whites AND blacks! But I have to say, that more percent of the poor people in the USA are black. And I believe, there's a hidden racist system behind.
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/blackpower/0,15274,,00.html

Michael-Berlin said:

Try jesse jackson or the NBA and the NFL.

Michael-Berlin said:

Calling a black man "African American" doesn't make it racist though putting a persons country of origin before hand is a bit silly imho. There are allot of wealthy "black" people in this country, start looking at the wrappers like sean combs, Ice T, Ice cube, theres also athletes such as Shaq, Dennis Rodman, Berry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Shall we go into actors such as Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson, Halle Barry, or maybe Ophra who is the richest "black" person in our country?

I cant tell you why there are so many black Americans that are below the poverty level, upbringing is part of it I believe because really your parents do make up a part of who you are. The system may be another part of it as would your peers and theres a life style associated with it as well, but the blame should not be placed on the shoulders of anyone thats white. All people in this country are equal now and have been for 40 or so years, it is a shame however that there are still white people that live in the racist past and are members of white supremacy groups and spout hate towards anyone thats not white and not born white here, and its even more depressing that there are many "black" Americans who harbor so much hatred and their own racist feelings towards all white people.

Right now your own country has its own issues dealing with the natzi skinhead groups that have been forming since the unification of all of germany and have been responsible for hate crimes and murder. If I'm remembering correctly to there have been school murders as well but this was a few years ago so my memory is following suit with my age.

One last thing before I finish, its common knowledge that many European news agencies are biased against the United States, really all news agencies are biased and fail to report news acurately and from a neutral stand point, so what you may see in your local paper there or on your television should be taken with a grain of salt and not relied on fully, I do the same here for when ever a news article pops up thats critical of any other country or ours for that matter.

Michael-Berlin said:
On the one hand, we're communists if we say "America is bad" and on the other hand we're racists if we say "The black are too poor and w/o any help of their government". In every case, we are the dumb asses ;)

At last - some common ground. :D

Michael-Berlin said:
thx for that link! :up

very interesting!

"Cecil Pickett | President | Schering-Plough Research Institute"

WOW! Schering is a german company, located here in Berlin. I didn't knew that! :eureka:

Then please speak to what you know so it is a defendable position. Not doing so is the error many people outside of the USA make because the media told you so.

rockaway1836 said:
It's just a damn shame that you are so mis-informed. We here in the USA get our information from a totaly free press. We hear and read opinions from all sides of just about any issue. That is why we all can have different thoughts and views on so many issues. There are thousands, YES THOUSANDS! of newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, and other venues of opinion and information. We as a nation do not always agree on what the right path may be. However, do not confuse our difference of opinions as weakness. It is in fact our streangh. I have no idea what you may be forming you opinions on, in regard to the present situation. But there is no way in Hell that you can be reading or hearing the truth. Also: on a side note. DO NOT PREACH DOWN TO US! You will find that we (for all our faults) are probably the most patriotic of nations. We know we have problems and by no means are perfect. But we don't like outsiders (especially mis-informed) telling us their opinions. Some and in fact more than some may disagree with me. That's what makes us stronger. Please read all that has been posted here. This is a satellite site, not a political forum. No one here is telling you lies. (as best they know)

This is BS. I live here and our press is everything but free.
Wake up.

But don't you sit there being some four thousand miles away, and have the balls to tells us what we are doing wrong!

Yeah, it's really disturbing when others act the same way as usually we do, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good internet TV stores?

Funding Casualty of Katrina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)