10/21/2009 1:00pm - Uplink Activity Report - 68 changes

First answer....read my post a few up from this one.

Second answer... possibly the rumored ones a month or two ago.

Third answer.... because they can. ;) It doesn't matter where it goes, the HD they put on 110/119 they can easily add to 72/77. Not so easy to add HD to 61.5 right now, which means it's not going on 129 either even though 129 has room.

Oh, so we have to wait for them to place these HD's on 72 or 77 before they will be lauched, right?

Why is it not so easy to put them on 61.5 right now?

Thanks,

Josh

Why is it not so easy to put them on 61.5 right now?

the satellite is pretty much full with both National HD and Locals in HD on spotbeams

also one satellite at 61.5 is old (Echo 3) so they cant use all the TP's...these TP's are not being used right now

They have a bit of spare room on 61.5 that's it what I remember last time I looked. They aren't going to use that up either since E-3 is an old failing bird, and E-12 wasn't designed to use the frequencies that E-3 can not use anymore due to equipment failures. AMC-14 was supposed to fix this issue back in March 2008 but kinda sorta didn't make it into orbit. So back to the drawing board on 61.5 and pushed back a few years.

AMC-14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They would be sitting pretty right now if AMC-14 and E-12 were at 61.5, since Nimiq5 replaced 72, E-3 would probably be over at 77 helping E8 there while the new 77 bird was being built.

They have a bit of spare room on 61.5 that's it what I remember last time I looked. They aren't going to use that up either since E-3 is an old failing bird, and E-12 wasn't designed to use the frequencies that E-3 can not use anymore due to equipment failures. AMC-14 was supposed to fix this issue back in March 2008 but kinda sorta didn't make it into orbit. So back to the drawing board on 61.5 and pushed back a few years.

AMC-14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They would be sitting pretty right now if AMC-14 and E-12 were at 61.5, since Nimiq5 replaced 72, E-3 would probably be over at 77 helping E8 there while the new 77 bird was being built.

I really think they this 119 Bird that are going to launch in a few months, should go to 61.5 instead. Seems odd that they didn't do it that way.

I really think they this 119 Bird that are going to launch in a few months, should go to 61.5 instead. Seems odd that they didn't do it that way.

Except E14 is designed for 119, and would not work well at 61.5 (although it would work). E14 was being built before AMC-14 failed, so they couldn't swap payloads. E15 will eventually get there.

Our hope was that the old 72.7 sat, E6 would go to 61.5, bit Dish seems to be in no hurry. Not a single FCC filing.

As was previously stated, AMC-14 was supposed to go to 61.5. It takes about two years to build and launch a sat. E-15 will probably be built to go to 61.5.

the satellite is pretty much full with both National HD and Locals in HD on spotbeams

also one satellite at 61.5 is old (Echo 3) so they cant use all the TP's...these TP's are not being used right now

I believe that E-12 was designed to provide signals from TP 17 and TP 23. There might be power issues that prevent E-12 from providing signals from these 2. Dish can't use the other four TPs listed because of E-3 failures. I really think E-6 could help with these TPs if Dish would move it there. There are a few reasons why Dish has not applied to the FCC to make this move. First, the downlink pattern might not be that great but the downlink pattern E-6 provided at 72.5 W was very good so one would think it would still be fairly good at 61.5 W. The issue with knowing how much propellant is left on E-6 might be holding up this move as a result of the problems with E-5. Dish might be negotitating with the FCC on the 148 W slot that Dish has the DBS licenses for but no longer has a functioning satellite there.

Why don't they swing E8 to 61.5 and move E6 to 77?( less traveling distance) Since the new 77 bird will be ready in about a year or so.

That may work, but some of these Satellites were designed for the spot that there in now, so moving them may decrease their power or life. The Echo 15 bird that will be available in a year or so is suppose to go to 61.5.

Josh

I believe that E-12 was designed to provide signals from TP 17 and TP 23. There might be power issues that prevent E-12 from providing signals from these 2. Dish can't use the other four TPs listed because of E-3 failures. I really think E-6 could help with these TPs if Dish would move it there. There are a few reasons why Dish has not applied to the FCC to make this move. First, the downlink pattern might not be that great but the downlink pattern E-6 provided at 72.5 W was very good so one would think it would still be fairly good at 61.5 W. The issue with knowing how much propellant is left on E-6 might be holding up this move as a result of the problems with E-5. Dish might be negotitating with the FCC on the 148 W slot that Dish has the DBS licenses for but no longer has a functioning satellite there.

That would have to be a huge power problem on E-12 as E-12's beams are no where near being utilized of what it can do. Several beams are not fully utilized since they are not fully utilizing the uplink spotbeam beams, then add up the west coast beams not being used. I believe they are holding onto transponders on 61.5 since the spare factor is totally gone on E-3. I suspect we might hear something out of E6 within a month.

seems to me it is going to be a big joke about adding new national hd till they get a new sat to 61.5?

Not necessarily. As I read "The List", there are 6 TMPs ready to go right now. 10,12,13,14 & 15 are already uplinked to 129 and 61.5. TMP 64 is uplinked to 119/72.5 .

There are 7 more at 119 that need a mirror at 72.5 (or 77 I guess)...TMP 58,59,60,61,62,63,& 65. I don't know much about that bird, but I would assume it has the space.

Finally, there are 8 at 129...TMP E, 30,31,32,35,36,50,57 . These are the ones that are hurt by the lack of space at 61.5. I suppose it's possible that TMP 58-65 were put at 119 to replace the 8 TMPs at 129.

Anyway, 6 ready to go, and 7 that (I think) could be made ready to go quickly .

Not necessarily. As I read "The List", there are 6 TMPs ready to go right now. 10,12,13,14 & 15 are already uplinked to 129 and 61.5. TMP 64 is uplinked to 119/72.5 .

There are 7 more at 119 that need a mirror at 72.5 (or 77 I guess)...TMP 58,59,60,61,62,63,& 65. I don't know much about that bird, but I would assume it has the space.

Finally, there are 8 at 129...TMP E, 30,31,32,35,36,50,57 . These are the ones that are hurt by the lack of space at 61.5. I suppose it's possible that TMP 58-65 were put at 119 to replace the 8 TMPs at 129.

Anyway, 6 ready to go, and 7 that (I think) could be made ready to go quickly .

Can your confirm this for me Digiblur, since you know this best.

Thanks,

Josh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)