10/28/2010 9:49am - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
S

Scott Greczkowski

Original poster
?SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 10/28/2010 9:49am - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 10/27/2010 02:32P - 10/28/2010 09:48A

Channel Moves:
8656 - WTVI [MPEG4 SD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 8 to Echostar12 61.5W TP 09 Spotbeam 8 (Mkt:Charlotte, NC-Charlotte, NC-PBS) (A) (H)
8661 - WNSC [MPEG4 SD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 8 to Echostar12 61.5W TP 09 Spotbeam 8 (Mkt:Charlotte, NC-Rock Hill, SC-PBS) (A) (H)

Channel Type Changes:
9277(51) - WWJX Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Spotbeam 12 changed from SD TV to MPEG4 SD (Mkt:Jackson, MS-Jackson, MS-N/A) (NA)

Channel Mapdown Changes:
5250 - WTXL Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 mapdown of 27 added (Mkt:Albany, GA-Tallahassee, FL-ABC) (NA)

Channels in the system: 7722
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

Just FYI, I fixed an issue with the automatic posting of the uplink report. Some new anti spam software I installed was blocking the posting of new Uplink Reports as the Uplink Reports contained URL's.

This is fixed now. :)

Sorry for the issue... I caused this one myself. :)

Albany, GA is one of the short markets that is still waiting for its full complement of the big 4 networks. Should I read anything into WTXL Tallahassee having its mapdown added for the Albany, GA DMA? Short markets finally being addressed?

Albany, GA is one of the short markets that is still waiting for its full complement of the big 4 networks. Should I read anything into WTXL Tallahassee having its mapdown added for the Albany, GA DMA? Short markets finally being addressed?

I’m wondering the same...

Also on 1/5/2011 5:02pm – Uplink Activity Report – 84 changes:

Channel Renames:
7666(27) - WTXL (Mkt:Albany, GA-Tallahassee, FL-ABC) - EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 03 renamed to WALBD(17)(Mkt:Albany, GA-Albany, GA-N/A)(NA)

Can someone, who knows how to decipher this stuff, shed some light on the subject?

Thanks in advance!!

Very easy

You use to have WTXL as your ABC. It was piped in from Tallahassee. On 1/1/11 WALB the NBC affiliate added a ABC subchannel. Since that is a local in your market the "distant" (WTXL went bye bye and they are now using WALB-DT2

When you see a 5 digit call sign ending in a "D" that is a subchannel. The 1st 4 call letters is the main signal. As for channel number, dish usually uses one of three numbers
-they will use what digital station the OTA is using. LIke as example if channel 4 is using 32 for OTA, then the subchannel will be numbered 32
-if the originating station moved back to its analog spot at the digital conversion (as in this case) the subchannel gets the "old" digital channel (they use to be on 17 before the upgrade)
-if both are used they just randomly assign a number

Thanks for the quick response. I'm still confused though... :confused:

So at this time ABC from Tallahassee is being uplinked and at some point it will become available for the Albany GA area? Or are you saying that they have removed it for the time being. I've only been with Dish for about 2 years, so I've never seen ABC (WTXL or WALB-DT2).

:)