10/29/2009 3:15pm - Uplink Activity Report - 44 changes

The WB Network shut down in 2006. They merged with UPN and CW was created.
In 2008, WB was relaunched as an online network.

This should be VERY easy to do on the 129 HD markets. Most of the time each market has a TP to itself. Plenty of room in there especially with some of the HD channels in the market having low bitrates to begin with a few subchannels thrown in their OTA mux.

Not that it helps me in the east, but what are they waiting for? Retrans agreements?

The WB Network shut down in 2006. They merged with UPN and CW was created.
In 2008, WB was relaunched as an online network.

You are so right. My bad. They have already had their money troubles. UPN is my other local. Funny, I NEVER watch is channel.

You are so right. My bad. They have already had their money troubles. UPN is my other local. Funny, I NEVER watch is channel.

:confused:

You built a time-traveling Delorean?

Seriously, UPN and the WB are off the air.

Most former UPN and WB stations became either the CW or MyNetwork TV.

This should be VERY easy to do on the 129 HD markets. Most of the time each market has a TP to itself. Plenty of room in there especially with some of the HD channels in the market having low bitrates to begin with a few subchannels thrown in their OTA mux.

I suspect the biggest hold up right now is fiber backhaul. They have the TP space, and the secondary channels probably do not want to charge at all for their carriage, they want the eyeballs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts