10, 9, 8, 7, . . . Liftoff?

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Anyone have any updated info when the new satellites are going to be launched? I am really getting upset sitting here reading about D* adding new channels left and right.

Sea Launch had to scatch its latest launch(a rocket that has nothing to do with Direct or Dish) has been rescheuled. That may or may not mean a delay for Directs next launch or Dish which was suppose to go up in the first q.

Sea Launch, who Dish has scheduled to launch one of the birds, had issues getting the Thuraya satellite launched on schedule.

They had very high winds and seas for > a week and had to return back to port in CA and then they will head back out.

This is a big delay; but at least the rocket didn't blow up at launch :D

I believe D* has one in the works for Sea Launch ahead of E* but I could be wrong.

SeaLaunch's "return to flight" launch was scrubbed due to unusually high sea currents (nearly double the norm) and upper level winds. The launch platform and support ship returned to home port. As of a couple of days ago, they have not announced what affects (delays) this will cause to their launch schedule.

The ILS Proton "return to flight" launch was successful and was cleared to proceed with their scheduled launches.

Sea Launch, who Dish has scheduled to launch one of the birds, had issues getting the Thuraya satellite launched on schedule.

They had very high winds and seas for > a week and had to return back to port in CA and then they will head back out.

This is a big delay; but at least the rocket didn't blow up at launch

I believe D* has one in the works for Sea Launch ahead of E* but I could be wrong.

Yeah, what he said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)