10' BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

midwestkev

Original poster
Apr 3, 2016
Carlyle Illinois
Hi, I am looking for a 10' mesh dish to take off someones hands or buy. I am in the midwest, near southern Il if anyone knows of one or would sell one. I am willing to drive and pickup if there is one anywhere in the St Louis or Southern Illinois area.

:welcome to Satelliteguys
I think, just think, that one has to be a Pub Member for access to the Classifieds section. ( I could be wrong)
The other thread is open to everyone, and is a collection of 'finds', by satelliteguys members, listed elsewhere on the web.
It's also beneficial to do your own searches, on the web, and in person. Take a little trip down the side roads with a sidekick and keep your eye's peeled for BUD's in backyards. Knock on a few doors. (driver - eyes on the road) Take along a camera and post them here for insight. (post 10 times then that, and links, are then enabled [spam precautions])
Maybe put a 'Looking for' ad in the local paper or on craigslist ?

Reactions: midwestkev
I think, just think, that one has to be a Pub Member for access to the Classifieds section. ( I could be wrong)
Nope, viewing the listings is open to anyone (I just double-checked on another browser while not signed in). You must be a Pub Member to list though. :)

Reactions: FaT Air
:welcome to Satelliteguys
The other thread is open to everyone, and is a collection of 'finds', by satelliteguys members, listed elsewhere on the web.
It's also beneficial to do your own searches, on the web, and in person. Take a little trip down the side roads with a sidekick and keep your eye's peeled for BUD's in backyards. Knock on a few doors. (driver - eyes on the road) Take along a camera and post them here for insight. (post 10 times then that, and links, are then enabled [spam precautions])
Maybe put a 'Looking for' ad in the local paper or on craigslist ?
Yes, I have been looking around in my area and found a couple 8' BUDS bit no 10' yet. I will place a newspaper ad as well. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Titanium
I have had a want ad up on CraigsLst for maybe 3 months now.One thing I have noticed...there are now several more want ads for dishes than when I started.Maybe coincidence,but it seems like my ad brought out the competition.I was having better luck BEFORE I started asking for one.I'm also seeing more want ads for dishes over 10 foot.I think many FTA'ers are trying to 'future proof' their set ups for 16/32 apsk and UHD signals that are coming.

I specify that I want a 12 foot or larger mesh.No fiberglass.No smaller dish than 12 foot unless it is solid metal or has a H2H motor on it.And no dishes high above ground due to disability.(Just my personal prefs) And the 3 responses I have gotten to date are ALL fiberglass,9 foot or smaller.One of which was on a 20 ft pole.lol.But all the people have been nice and I may get lucky one day. ;)

You can start with a good 8 foot dish,midwestkev.I started with a 7.5 dish and it gave me ALMOST all that I wanted.It would be good practice and get you into the 'game'.I plan to mount my 7.5 as a spare if I don't find something larger first.Good luck in your search!

I have had a want ad up on CraigsLst for maybe 3 months now.One thing I have noticed...there are now several more want ads for dishes than when I started.Maybe coincidence,but it seems like my ad brought out the competition.I was having better luck BEFORE I started asking for one.I'm also seeing more want ads for dishes over 10 foot.I think many FTA'ers are trying to 'future proof' their set ups for 16/32 apsk and UHD signals that are coming.

I specify that I want a 12 foot or larger mesh.No fiberglass.No smaller dish than 12 foot unless it is solid metal or has a H2H motor on it.And no dishes high above ground due to disability.(Just my personal prefs) And the 3 responses I have gotten to date are ALL fiberglass,9 foot or smaller.One of which was on a 20 ft pole.lol.But all the people have been nice and I may get lucky one day. ;)

You can start with a good 8 foot dish,midwestkev.I started with a 7.5 dish and it gave me ALMOST all that I wanted.It would be good practice and get you into the 'game'.I plan to mount my 7.5 as a spare if I don't find something larger first.Good luck in your search!
I think more people are waking up to the fact that cband is still alve and cheaper than direct tv or dish network. I had one at home growing up and now would like to have my own. Lots of free stuff out there and weather doesn't knock it out. My satellite installer friend said to ho with the 10' bud so that is what i'm trying to find.

I think more people are waking up to the fact that cband is still alve and cheaper than direct tv or dish network. I had one at home growing up and now would like to have my own. Lots of free stuff out there and weather doesn't knock it out. My satellite installer friend said to ho with the 10' bud so that is what i'm trying to find.
Thank you for the info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)