10' C Band mesh dish....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikeydxer

Original poster
May 4, 2006
Alden NY
HI Guy's! It's been a while since I've been here and now I need some help! The wind today demolished my 10' mesh BUD. So this time around, I am looking for a NEW 10' mesh.... I know they are expensive but I can't find anyone who carries them anymore. Here's the ten million dollar question! Does anyone know where I could purchase a NEW dish from? I read an old post here in the forums but it was from last year and seems a little out of date. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!! Mike :D

Have you considered taking a drive in the countryside to pick up a free used one? There are three within an hour of my home, free for the taking. The only reason they are not already in my yard is that I do not want to dig three more foundations. But in your case you can probably re-use your existing pole and foundation.

Thanks to all who responded!! I will check out those links... as for guacharaca, the dish I have now was taken from a yard that was no longer using it, after looking at several others. The problem's I was seeing with the ones available, they already had years of wind abuse on them and were loose, rusted, not true parabola, just a ton of work to get them ready for the digital signals. Not that I wasn't grateful to get one for free, but it would just be nice to have a new "tight" BUD! I am retired and am getting spoiled by not having to do all the work anymore! Once again, THANKS! to all for responding! Mike :p

Both sites have 1.5m prime focus dishes. Anyone have any experience w/ these and its reception results? I'd be interested in comparing it to the mini-bud/micro-bud/missing impossible bud discussions and results we previously had.

Cheers, K

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.satellitedish.com/page-6.htm (scroll down page to the mesh dishes) [/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.impaktproducts.com/10ft-Sami-Standard-C-Ku-Band-Satellite-Antenna-p-16582.html[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)