SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Cleaning day at Satellite AV

photo(10).JPG
A bin of STBs and a few reflectors on the way to the recycler. Everything that didn't have a remote or wouldn't fire up... Stargazer will be getting a few boxes of working STBs! :cool:

A bin of STBs and a few reflectors on the way to the recycler. Everything that didn't have a remote or wouldn't fire up.

Per our emails in December I haven't heard from you and was wondering what the status was on any of the rack units.

My pile is not quite that big :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

I'd take the whole lot if I had a use for them all, I have a few projects in mind, one of which would involve gutting a receiver of the appropriate size to create a mini-itx htpc. Shipping would be scary on that many boxes tho. I hope someone saves them from the recycle bin.:)

Last edited:
My coolsat 5000 power supply bit the dust,but it probably isn't worth asking about a power supply salvage.
I remember buying it years ago just to prove it could be jtagged.

the power supplies were different between the two models.
I was going to strip the one out of my 4000, but couldn't use it.
The 4000 I can run euro firmware on,up to the point when they added clone detection.
After that the tuner is disabled when it detects a clone.

Stargazer, 150+ lbs of STBs, rack mounts and dozens of extra remotes are on the FedEx truck headed your way.... :D

Yippee. That' going to be a hoot going through all that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

How about some photos as you unpack and stack? Should have taken a photo of the stacks before they were packed.

You will find several interesting receivers that never made it to market...

Status
Please reply by conversation.