STB's by the Pound

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stargazer,

I hope that this becomes a novelty / continuing thread as you unpack and play with each item! This would be a LOT of fun for everyone!

Pull something out of the box and describe your adventures as you experiment with each item. I would subscribe to this thread and follow it all the way to the last item if you are so inclined to post your adventures.

YES! "StarGazer, His five year mission to explore strange new IRDs, to seek out new codes and programming. To boldly go where no FTA geek has gone before!" LOL :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjL8WXjlGI

RADAR

Why did these receivers never make it to market? I wonder if any of them works with the current HD channels or supports 4:2:2 that I hear about. I plan on hooking up some units for some other people soon after I go through these units to see what they are like. There are some folks out there that cannot afford a television subscription.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Some are samples from manufacturers that we weeded out as unsuitable hardware or too much development to bring to market. Others are early development models that we invested development, but opted not to produce. Some are early approval units for current models in the North American and OEM international market.

There are several units that were sold in North American market that we tested to understand the competition. A few units are current S2 models sold in North America, but have no value for our testing as they are such poor products.

No 4:2:2 equipment was shipped. Proprietary products or unique development products that could be of interest to competition are destroyed.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)