10 ft Unimesh Button Hook ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
Hi all, have not posted in some time I need a push. I have the go ahead to take down this dish, (owner wants it gone) low to the ground and looks to be in good shape. The question is about button hook, is it going to be a problem getting signals in and stay steady. I can have at all with the post, height of post about 10 ft. I can take it apart in sections (breaking most bolts to be sure) but how hard and heavy might the post, mount, and concrete be even if I can dig it out to move. Or cut it off at the ground. I all ready have a 10ft unimesh up and working well with C/Ku LNBF, I just cant stand the thought of another C/band dish biting the dust. Some one give me the push over the edge to get it. It would be 3rd unimesh. The only one w/button hook.

Thanks Eric

Go for it!

Couple of options.
Yes they can sag over time, but you can use a couple small chains and turnbuckles to keep it in place.
or
You could get inventive and make your own arms out of conduit and get rid of the button hook.
Will be a fun project either way!

Mine had a button hook and I made four arms for it and it was an interesting project. I know what you mean about them going in the junk. Saw one this "Summer" in the junk yard all in small sections. Price they wanted was just too much for me.
Go get it! Even in cold, cold Michigan.
....And, Wow! An FTAer that is not that far from me. I think I am the only one around here. Never saw another farm near me.

My Winegard Pinnacle 10' with button hook has worked great. Even with the extra weight of the OrthoMode Feed and the heavy bandpass filter on the Vertical Port. Being a Machinist many years ago, I'd try to shim it or lengthen the center pipe to give added support before doing all the extra work to make a quad support.

Thanks for the replies, the one thing I am wondering about is should I try to take pole and concrete with it or cut it off at ground level. The owner is not in a big hurry so I have time to get it. maybe in the spring for that matter. I will try to get some picks of it. I have been recovering from medical issues from 1-2012 and only now regaining new interest in my FTA projects. I am so glad that my trusty 10' unimesh dish with the Von Weise mover is so reliable.

Thanks all, Eric

I'd cut it just below ground level. So much work and weight to haul just to haul the cement ballast.

Weld a plate to the bottom of the pole with a hole drilled in each corner of the plate. Pour the new cement footing with 4 "L" anchor bolts to secure and level the pole.

Reactions: crosspaws
Mine had a button hook and I made four arms for it and it was an interesting project. I know what you mean about them going in the junk. Saw one this "Summer" in the junk yard all in small sections. Price they wanted was just too much for me.
Go get it! Even in cold, cold Michigan.
....And, Wow! An FTAer that is not that far from me. I think I am the only one around here. Never saw another farm near me.
I wanted to send you a email but I don't know how. What part of MI are you at if I may ask?

I'd cut it just below ground level. So much work and weight to haul just to haul the cement ballast.

Weld a plate to the bottom of the pole with a hole drilled in each corner of the plate. Pour the new cement footing with 4 "L" anchor bolts to secure and level the pole.
That sounds like a plan I can work with. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)