$10 HBO going away???

I noticed that under the "My Offers" tab in my online account, all the HBO and Cinemax deals are gone. I used to have 3 offers - $10 HBO for 3 months, $5 Cinemax for 3 months, then $10 of HBO and Cinemax for 3 months. (why they had them separated I am not sure...I would think everyone would take the last deal).

Under premiums I still have the $10 Cinemax offer and for some reason no email and no end date for the $10 HBO.

Reactions: joewhite57
Under premiums I still have the $10 Cinemax offer and for some reason no email and no end date for the $10 HBO.

Almost a provider shell game. My 6 months of STARZ ended the 13th. Today after auto termination, it’s there under offers. Can’t wait to see what happen when 9-20 rolls around. Maybe another lifetime deal.lol.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
I noticed today that there is no HBO on the Dish website:

Premiums | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
English Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support (no more HBO listed underneath Premium channel add-ons)
https://www.dish.com/programming/packages/add-ons/premium-channels/

I just noticed this today, so I am not sure when it happened. Maybe it was like this back when the thread was created, but I just came across it.

Is Dish about to have a dispute with HBO? :p

If you’ll remember they did this same thing with Epix at the first of the year. Seems like it’s happened with Showtime before too a few years back.

Reactions: Tampa8
Well something is up. Missing in one place could be a mistake or middle of updating but missing in several places isn't good. It isn't missing quite everywhere (yet?)
HBO (HBO-E) on DISH | MyDISH Station Details
HBO - West (HBO-W) on DISH | MyDISH Station Details
etc

Yeah - it is hit and miss. Looking at this page, it has been completely taken down: https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/premiums/hbo (this is the site Google has indexed when you do a search for Dish HBO)

I noticed last week that HBO Family is not scheduled to be part of the 2nd Annual Kids Binge-A-Palooza. I think that is the only channel from last year that is not returning this year.
Okay, I double-checked the thread from last year, and it is not just HBO Family. Cbeebies and Baby TV were also included last year, but not this year.

Is there doubt in anyone’s mind that ATT has something to do with all the HBO changes? A Dish CSR told me the other day that HBO yanked all their promotions

Seems like HBO is cutting off their nose to spite their face

I agree 100% - AT&T has something to do with it. The stuff I have been reading about wanting to put more into HBO and expand it will ultimately cost more for the consumer. I just see other companies needing to pay more for it than U-Verse or DirecTV users. And I read somewhere that some AT&T plans give free HBO? That is what really gets me and where I think the merger is going to hurt.

I agree 100% - AT&T has something to do with it. The stuff I have been reading about wanting to put more into HBO and expand it will ultimately cost more for the consumer. I just see other companies needing to pay more for it than U-Verse or DirecTV users. And I read somewhere that some AT&T plans give free HBO? That is what really gets me and where I think the merger is going to hurt.

If you have an AT&T Wireless "Unlimited & More Premium" plan, you can get free HBO (or other premium content, like Cinemax, Starz, etc.).

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I now see HBO as an “as needed” service for me. I love Westworld. So I’ll sub part-time when Season 3 comes around, then cancel again

I do the same thing, sub to HBO Now for a month, binge watched Westworld Season 2, now canceled, will subscribe to Showtime soon to watch season 7 of Homeland, then cancel again, back to HBO next year for the last season of GOT, they make it so easy now with their online services.

I do the same thing, sub to HBO Now for a month, binge watched Westworld Season 2, now canceled, will subscribe to Showtime soon to watch season 7 of Homeland, then cancel again, back to HBO next year for the last season of GOT, they make it so easy now with their online services.

Hey, when did you switch from Bruce to theBruce????

Reactions: pattykay
There are too many ways to get HBO now. Little incentive for Dish to pay for the opportunity.

And little reason for DirecTV to pay. OH, WAIT!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Logged in and it shows HBO for $0.00 although its checked...I'm on a 3month promo that expires 9/24/18
Regular price for $15 which is way too much so won't be keeping it for that.
Oddly though to it gives me two options to keep starz for 10/month or 5/month...I'm not sure why it gives either or?
Pretty clear I'd chose $5/month to keep it lol but I'm guessing that is if I keep HBO if it stays.
Honestly I'd rather they pull it so to give me something to argue about and get more stars or cinemax free for a while longer.

Well something is up. Missing in one place could be a mistake or middle of updating but missing in several places isn't good. It isn't missing quite everywhere (yet?)

In yesterday's paper, all of the DISH new customer promo ads are now saying for the 3 FREE months of premiums, now ONLY include Showtime, Starz & Movie Pak; NO mention of HBO or MAX anywhere.

There is always something good on HBO. I’m not happy about $15 per month but I have gotten HBO heavily discounted for many years so can’t complain too much. I’ll just wait it out and see what happens.

In yesterday's paper, all of the DISH new customer promo ads are now saying for the 3 FREE months of premiums, now ONLY include Showtime, Starz & Movie Pak; NO mention of HBO or MAX anywhere.

Yup, as of July 12th HBO/MAX is no longer included in the free 3 months of premiums for new customers.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)