10$ OFF FOR 12 MONTHS + 3 FREE PPV

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Ok guys, since my "3 months of Starz and HD Platinum" thread was so successful, I thought I would let you try this one on for size (it may help a lot of people who have FlexTV or are on Pay in Advance like I am):

I went on line the other night and spun the CSR roulette wheel and started chatting about how expensive I find my package is versus what DirecTV is offering for similar channels. I am currently on Flex but pay full price. I am not elligible for new sub discounts because I refuse to supply my SSN number.

The CSR suggested I speak to the loyalty dept and quickly transferred me online. The loyalty agent was incredibly cooperative and offered me 10$ off my package for 12 months without any further commitment (I am already in a 2 year commitment for HD for Life, so they definitely did not have to worry about me leaving to go to DirecTV).

He also offered me 3 Free PPV, but when he tried to apply them he saw that I already had 6 free PPV unused coupons from previous discusions with online CSRs. He asked if I minded to take a cash credit of 20$ instead of the 3 free coupons because the system was preventing him from giving me more.

No problem I said.

So last month I got 3 months of starz and 3 months of HD Platinum + 3 PPV coupons = 87$ value

This month: 10$ off for 12 months + 20$ credit for PPV = 140$ value

I don't know about you, but I really like this chat support. :)

This is not abuse, as the credits are given out at their discretion and it is not illegal to ask what is available to you... Take some time and spin the CSR roulette wheel! You never know!

Good Luck!

Here is the thread for the Starz & HD Platinum offer: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/229829-3-months-free-starz-hd-platinum.html

Just had to post that thanks to you I got both deals with no problem. Just a few minutes of my time and it was well worth it. Thanks again for sharing! :)

I shortened it a little, but this took all of 5 minutes with a loyalty CSR

Me I was contacting you because i have been getting offers from DirecTV 15$ cheaper.
Me: I have been told that loyalty dept has been giving some customers in this situation (and also to those that are upset about Disney and Fox) a monthly credit up to 15$ per month to compete
Me: Can you assist me with this?
CSR: I am able to do 10.00 off a month for one year.
Mike: I will take it. You will also credit me for the PPV coupons? If so, let's shake hands.
CSR: Yes. I can do this for you.
Me: Perfect.
Me: So 10$ off per month for 12 months and how much is the credit for the PPV?
CSR: 24.00
Me: Excellent.
CSR: Did you want that broken up or on your next bill?
Me: Next bill please
CSR: You are all set.
CSR: You will see the credit starting on your next billing statement.
Me: So, 10$ off per month for 12 months. Plus a 24$ credit on the next bill. Is this correct?
CSR: Yes, this is correct.
CSR: Are we shaking hands?
Me: Yes
Me: Thank you so much.
Me: Have a great day
CSR: You are welcome.
CSR: Thank you for chatting with Dishnetwork. Have a nice evening.

sca said:
not true at all.

I told the rep pretty much verbatim what panache70 said and I was told that deal was for new customers. Who knows.

Claude Greiner said:
I talked to a customer earlier who was able to get starz and HD Platinum free for 3 months after the dispute was settled, since they had the everything pack and wanted time without service.

That's the deal I got from the same online CSR. I also received some PPV coupons.

I've called a few times trying to get these loyalty credit. All i get are ppv coupons. Guess when my contract is up, i might have better luck

I wonder what I could get not being under contract? I pay 169.97 for what I have with two 722k receivers. I dropped a 211k a few months back in a guest room. The wife is calling tomorrow complaining about our monthly bill. I know I should have dropped the AEP (almost everything Package) I have, long ago. It is just way to confusing............

complain about what, you picked the package if you cant afford it then lower it. If i was high up in dish i would not give nothing away. Like the first guy getting all this crap when theres no reason to give it to him. How can dish grow when they keep giving away sh*t for free.

I wonder what I could get not being under contract? I pay 169.97 for what I have with two 722k receivers. I dropped a 211k a few months back in a guest room. The wife is calling tomorrow complaining about our monthly bill. I know I should have dropped the AEP (almost everything Package) I have, long ago. It is just way to confusing............

Switch to the Top 200, HD for life and get a Roku box with $9 Netflix Sub.
That's what I did, and I don't miss the premium channels one bit.
I pay $74 + $9 netflix for 2-622's

Just got on CSR Roulette and I got Starz! 3 months free. and 3 PPV coupons. !!! Better than nothing.

recent offer

After getting connected to the loyaly department via chat, I was able to get $5/month off for a year and 3 month of HD Platinum for free. I just signed a new contract after adding a VIP722k receiver.

complain about what, you picked the package if you cant afford it then lower it. If i was high up in dish i would not give nothing away. Like the first guy getting all this crap when theres no reason to give it to him. How can dish grow when they keep giving away sh*t for free.

Knot, I respect your opinion and agree that Dish did not have to give me anything. However, it was their decision to give it to me. Perhaps they are aware that there are many unhappy customers who are patiently waiting for the FOX / Disney issue to be resolved. I would chalk it up to "good customer relations" as opposed to "giving stuff away". In the end, if I like Starz and Platinum I may just keep them and generate new revenue for Dish. Maybe I will keep my package after the 10$ credit runs out ...

Perhaps you are just upset that some customers get more than others. All I am trying to do here is let people know what is available to them. If they choose to call and get the credits, great. If they choose not to call and post complaints here instead... well, so be it.

Rlanham said:
Switch to the Top 200, HD for life and get a Roku box with $9 Netflix Sub.
That's what I did, and I don't miss the premium channels one bit.
I pay $74 + $9 netflix for 2-622's

How much was the Roku box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)