10 outputs on At-9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
doctor J said:
Iand they need to be power passing . I think both sides need to be power passing .
For powered multiswitches only one side should be power passing, with the non-powered Zinwell's, both sides would need to be.

BOT.

After looking at the .pdf I see the Zinwell is powered. So no more waiting on the Spaun that was supposed to be out in April.

Anyone know of availability?

Someone with no posting track record to speak of just posted at AVS Forums that Zinwell has introduced a WB616 with 16 outputs, but he furnished no link to either the source of his information or a supplier. Can anyone here investigate this?

That would be me. WB616 URL is listed below, I sent an e-mail to the company requesting a price quote.

http://www.zcwc.com/zcwc/products/index_multiswitch.shtml

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

I sent an email to Zinwell yesterday and received an answer this morning. The WB616 will cost $189 plus shipping & handling and will be available July 20, 2006. Personally, I was hoping for a 6x10 or 6x12 - really don't need 16 outputs so will wait to see if Spaun comes out with the smaller one.

knoxbh said:
The WB616 will cost $189 .......really don't need 16 outputs so will wait to see if Spaun comes out with the smaller one.
No matter how much smaller the Spaun might be, it will cost more than the Zinwell. So are you willing to pay more so you don't have outputs you don't need?

I would take the 16 over the 10 or 12 to be able to expand later if needed and not have to remove one and buy something different later. No problem getting more now for less money just like Herd said.

Last edited:
I just fired off an email to the Spaun rep. that told me their switch was coming soon, 3 months ago, to see what is up with them. I also was kind enough to mention Zinwell was coming to the market with a 16 output switch July 20th, curious to see if that gets a faster reply. I'll post the reply I get from them in here.

cforrest said:
I just fired off an email to the Spaun rep. that told me their switch was coming soon, 3 months ago,
Here is the e-mail I received from Spaun on March 21, 2006:

Currently, Spaun/USA has prototype for a new multiswitch that will be
compatible with DirecTV's new 5 LNB system. This multiswitch should be out
next month - the 12 and 16 way models.

We have not given this product a part number but as soon as the spec sheet is available I will email that to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Gina Carbone
Spaun/USA

I have never received the spec sheet and a follow up e-mail to Gina went unanswered.

Any ideas as to why Terk has not jumped on the bandwagon? I would think BB and CC would want something to be able to sell at twice the online price.

Herdfan,

That is the same exact email I had received months ago, still waiting for a follow up from them on the email I sent last night. Right now Zinwell will be the only one with a 16 output switch for the new AT9 dish, good for them I am sure.

Ok here is the brief follow up I just received from Gina:

Our switch will be available next month. We decided to make our unit indoor or outdoor mountable which pushed back production.

Thanks for your patience

Zinwell has the lead right now it would appear!

cforrest said:
Zinwell has the lead right now it would appear!
But I have to wonder how much of Zinwell's production will be going to D* or its installers vs. how many make it to the retail market.

Spaun is more of a retail brand most likely due to their cost. So if most of the Zinwell's are not available to the public for a couple of months, then Spaun doesn't really lose anything.

Thanks for the update. Looks like we will see in a couple of weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need to get DTV in Calgary, need a little advise.

3lnb, 5lnb, at9, what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)