Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 24, 2004
I need 10 outputs from an At-9 dish

3 H20's

7 D10's

Without putting up another dish and getting 99 and 103 on the H20's

2 Zinwell WB68 Multiswitches cascaded will give you 12 outputs. Run your 4 feeds from the dish into the first switch, then run 4 outputs from the switch into the second switch. The first switch will have 4 outputs remaining and the second switch will have all 8

well i have tried that and Nothing.....

i tried the 4 mulitpass splitters before the switches and nothing....

I think you would need a splitter before connecting it to the WB68. Use a splitter that operates over the large frequency range the new dish uses, 250MHz to 2150 MHz, for each of the four cable lines coming from the dish. From the splitter connect each line to one of the WB68 connections.

2 Zinwell WB68 with splitters

I have a setup with 2 Zinwell WB68 multiswitches and a total of 16 outputs with excellent signal strength numbers and reception confirmed on all 5 AT-9 satellites.
The two issues are 1) as pointed out above you need high frequency splitters,at least 2.5 GHz. I believe my are rated to 3 GHz. and they need to be power passing . I think both sides need to be power passing . I bought both, one side pass and both side pass ,and only one worked correctly on all receivers . I can dig out which ones are installed if you need it. 2) The 4 inputs from dish need to be installed in the same order on the WB68's ie both lines from the 1st splitter installed to input 1 on each WB68 ;2nd to 2 ;etc. It can be done with good results.
Good Luck

Doctor j

You would need 3 multi switches to get 16 outlets. I have 2 in my house for a total of 12 outlets, but I only needed 9 of them.

Zinwell 16 outputs

VIPERS-PIT:
you missed the point.
Zinwells are not cascadable so you split the signal : true 2X8=16 outputs.
Doctor j

Someone with no posting track record to speak of just posted at AVS Forums that Zinwell has introduced a WB616 with 16 outputs, but he furnished no link to either the source of his information or a supplier. Can anyone here investigate this?

4 Splitters & 2 KA/KU 8-Ways Will Get you 16 Outlets

Two lines from the dish are 13volts. The other two are 18volts. The receivers supply voltage to the LNB via the multiswitches from the satellite cable lines. Put a splitter on each of the 4 lines coming from the dish. Label the 2 of splitters 13v & the other two 18v respectively. Connect the respective 13v & 18v jumper lines to the 2 8 Ways. They are labeled 13v & 18v on the 8-Ways. The 8 Ways have to be the KA/KU band multiswitches. Then you've got 16 outlets available. Hope this helps....

zinwell 16 ?

NEWS to me!

Google search yields nothing.
Zinwell USA site has no info on this.
Some info a month or two ago suggested Spaun would have 12 & 16 output multiswitches for the 5 LNB dishes but I've seen nothing on that either.

Doctor j

charper1 said:
A simple 10 second search for Zinwell produced: http://www.zcwc.com/zcwc/products/multi_switch/wb_616.htm

My own "complex search" for any page containing the terms "zinwell" and "WB616" produced a, "Your search - zinwell WB616 - did not match any documents." result, and an attempted visit to any www.zinwell.com resulted in a "no such host" notice.

The above-linked Zinwell site has a picture of the WB616, which is an externally powered switch, but their shop-on-line feature was not operational, meaning their site could not furnish me with price and availability information

Neither of the WB616 Description page's PDF links to the safety warning or installation manual would open for me, but the only info that might be there that I would be interested in is maximum cable lengths and whether they can be extended with inline amplification. Actually, I'd like specs on an input window measured in dBm, 3rd Order IMD specs and AGC stiffness, but I know better than to expect to find such information on what is a sales-oriented website.

Here is what I found on the WB616 product page:

Description:
- WB616 is mainly designed to connect 99°/101°/103°/110°/119° DirecTV satellites for up to 16 receivers reception. Flex Port 1 and Flex Port 2 are used for 72.5° and/or 95° satellite reception.
- WB616 is not cascadable.

Hmm... I would imagine that in the long run, meaning as soon as DirecTV starts putting HDTV programming on its 101 deg Ka transponders, an AT(XX) antenna would have to simultaneously support six dedicated inputs to allow the switch to fully support its subscribers. I am reluctant to sell someone a $5,000 or larger MDU installation using this product for the distribution nodes if it will become obsolete for that application in a year or two.

Last edited:
Directv isn't planning on KA broadcasts from the 101 location. Directv 10 and 11 are going in the 99 and 103 slots. To put a KA sat in the 101 location would require starting over again with a new dish also.

doctor J said:
NEWS to me!

Google search yields nothing.
Zinwell USA site has no info on this.
Some info a month or two ago suggested Spaun would have 12 & 16 output multiswitches for the 5 LNB dishes but I've seen nothing on that either.

Doctor j

ZinwellUSA.com is NOT the same company as Zinwell Digital, the actual maker of the switches. http://www.zcwc.com/zcwc/others/index_warning.shtml

They really need to get that worked out!

Last edited:
1. Then you need better search terms or a better search site and method; I found it.

2. You need Abode Acrobat Reader & plug-in to open PDF files. I opened and saved them just fine.

Attachments

• warning.pdf
    342 KB · Views: 167
  • WB616_Install_Guide.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 713
Last edited:
charper1 said:
1. Then you need better search terms or a better search site and method; I found it.

2. You need Abode Acrobat Reader & plug-in to open PDF files. I opened and saved them just fine.

1. I don't need "better" search terms, since the two terms I used were the best possible terms for the product I was looking for. I am a member of five internet forums which include many other members who are likely to have early and even pre-production information on DBS products, so there was no point in further searching for a product that might not yet even exist when the information I seek is more readily obtained through the forums.

2. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader and open a few PDF files every day. These didn't open, and I just don't have enough interest in them to spend any more time trying to open them.

AntAltMike said:
I am a member of five internet forums which include many other members who are likely to have early and even pre-production information on DBS products....

So they missed it too?

so there was no point in further searching for a product that might not yet even exist when the information I seek is more readily obtained through the forums

Yet you said....
AntAltMike said:
Someone with no posting track record to speak of just posted at AVS Forums that Zinwell has introduced a WB616 with 16 outputs, but he furnished no link to either the source of his information or a supplier. Can anyone here investigate this?

....I just don't have enough interest in them to spend any more time trying to open them.

See above...

It seemed important to you at the time and I fulfilled your request to "investigate". I am sorry that your "complex search" and multi-forum hook-up and pre-release connections turned up nothing. So don't get snappy with me because I found what you asked for. END

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)