$10 primestars +shiping on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting, I guess with HITS on Ku gone some of this stuff will start to surface. More Primestar dishes what could be better :)

The DSR 410 ???? Maybe to get a few channels on W5 FTA if you can load the maps.

$50 for dish & one receiver (not two)

No, $10 is the starting bid.
For a buy-it-now, he wants $50, plus unspecified shipping.

And there is no remote.

This is used, not one of the new systems.
And requires subscription to be useful, on C-band only.

If you think it's worth $50, go for it, but I wouldn't let any of my friends get it.
And I think his advertising is a little shady, implying you can program it for FTA.

FREE 2 AIR MOTOROLA DSR-410DS Satellite & Receiver syst - eBay (item 120268840046 end time Jun-09-08 18:22:59 PDT)

check that out from the sound of the article he has a bunch of these. i wonder if that receiver is worth a damn? ice what you think?

Shipping on a Primestar dish will kill you! They are a really heavy and large fiberglas dish! Even if he gave it to you for the shipping cost only, it might not be worth the price. They are an excellant dish however.

you might be able to program it through the serial port, if you knew a little assembly code, you could make it work like a coolsat 6000

Yeah I got a similar S*C reciever that was previously subbed so I get a few channels on it for free still. There are a few posts on here regarding how to use your computer, some freeware and a cable to remap the motorola boxes, but never heard if anyone has had success doing it.

taken from a website:

Warning options 6,7,7, 8 will erase all to factory settings (complete reprograming required) See special-menu-section for other settings. Some DSR922 Receivers from the factory have EMM provider pointed to 0001instead of 0000 Use options 6,7,7, 8,0 The 0 clears EMM provider so that your programmer can rehit the unit. See Special menu section

If you can get 4dtv to rehit the unit, then you might be avle to make it work.

I would be leery for a few reasons
1. no shipping listed...not even a roughball
2. from the auction....COMPLETE SATTELLITE SYSTEM LESS ONLY THE REMOTE CONTROL........no remote will make it a bugger to get into the menus
3. its only DCII

so unless you can get it mapped to W5 for the few free channels, the box isn't worth much. Maybe they can subscribe but then the dish is worthless for W5

And yes them Primestar dishes are heavy. Just picked up one last night and they're heavy. SO shipping will be a KILLER

the gi-400 receiver has menu functions on the box
a $10 universal remote from wally-world will work

will the 10 dollar universal remotes get into all the menu's?? ;)

If I have to guess I doubt it. One good thing about the HITS ku going down is there should be more Primestar or Channel Master dishes floating around for scronging. :) Well at least in rural America.

I didn't know that HITS was being shut down. I guess it's time was up since they had a limited amount of content for the price they were asking.

stargazer

they didnt cease...they moved from X4 (G16 KU Band at 99W) to W5 (AMC18 C-Band at 105)

I know my old Radio Shack 6 in 1 light up remote will control the menu options on my Starchoice box :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts