10 Voom Channels Gone, How Do You Feel?

10 Voom channels are gone, how do you feel?

• Happy - I did not care for Voom

Votes: 57 11.8%
  • No Biggie - I was not into Voom

Votes: 100 20.7%
  • No Biggie - They kept my channel

Votes: 73 15.1%
  • Disappointed but will stay where I am

Votes: 155 32.1%
  • Not Happy - I will downgrade my service

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Not Happy - I will leave at contract end

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Not Happy - If D* picks up Voom, I'm gone

Votes: 59 12.2%

• Total voters
That's the way you choose to see it...

I choose to see it like this.....

E* added 20 HD Channels on Monday...

removed 15 VOOM channels the next day...

and we wait for them to replace those 15 with more HD in the coming days or weeks.

Like QVC and a bunch of other channels with marginal or no HD content?

I like to manipulate the math of ACTUAL HD channels gained and lost. Doing that, Dish actually netted a loss this week.

So I gained a net 2 channels this week. Some poor CSR got an earful from me this afternoon.

From the most positive outlook, Dish's net gain is less than impressive. One of the new channels that actually shows stuff in HD is Cinemax HD on a time delay, and another is 5MAX, which thus far has simply shown 4:3 SD movies with weird broadcast glitches.

Most of those channels are basically upconverted SD mirrors. The way I see it, we gained MGM HD, Smithsonian HD, ESPNews HD and maybe Weather Channel HD has a lot of HD content, I dunno. Give 5MAX the benefit of a doubt, and I still feel like I lost 10 channels. What a difference a day can do to a Dish satisfaction level.

some people like to complain.. and continue to complain... and love to look for reasons to complain.

If you are complaining about channels E* hasn't even added yet.. not even knowing which channels they may be.. then I suspect you will never be happy... even if you choose to switch to D*. It will not be long before E* & D* both have basically the same HD channels.

I did not hear anyone complaining before that DirecTV .. only has HD channels that hardly ever show actual HD content.

Everyone was all hell bent that Dish was falling behind Direct.. not adding any HD channels. Everyone naming almost every single HD channel that has been added or hopefully will be here shortly.

I sure hope Dish adds 15 more HD channels that will replace where the VOOM channels once were.

If you asked me last week if Dish were to remove the 15 VOOM channels and replace them with 37 HD channels that may or may not produce as much actual HD programming initially as the VOOM repeats ... would you want that? -- I would say HELL YES! in a heartbeat.

C'mon.... I think people are making a stink about this just a little too much. at this point it seems a little over board.

I can understand if you were a VOOM Lover and it takes a little while to get over the initial shock... but it's just TV...

Dish made a Business Decision...
we have to accept it and move on. At this point if you can't accept Dish's decision.. there's not much choice... accept it or move on.

Everyone cannot be happy at the same time... either Dish didn't add enough HD.. or Dish removed the VOOM repeats... someone is always gonna be upset. Dish has to make a big decision.. and they did. They are trying to catch back up with DirecTV. obviously DirecTV didn't think much of VOOM, if you take their word on it.

I'm sure a lot will still be heard about this whole situation during TEAM Summit. surely Dish has a sound reason for removing VOOM.

From the most positive outlook, Dish's net gain is less than impressive. One of the new channels that actually shows stuff in HD is Cinemax HD on a time delay, and another is 5MAX, which thus far has simply shown 4:3 SD movies with weird broadcast glitches.

Most of those channels are basically upconverted SD mirrors. The way I see it, we gained MGM HD, Smithsonian HD, ESPNews HD and maybe Weather Channel HD has a lot of HD content, I dunno. Give 5MAX the benefit of a doubt, and I still feel like I lost 10 channels. What a difference a day can do to a Dish satisfaction level.

Now that VOOM is gone, could someone refresh my memory of what advantages Dish now has over Direct TV?

some people like to complain.. and continue to complain... and love to look for reasons to complain.

If you are complaining about channels E* hasn't even added yet.. not even knowing which channels they may be.. then I suspect you will never be happy... even if you choose to switch to D*. It will not be long before E* & D* both have basically the same HD channels.

I did not hear anyone complaining before that DirecTV .. only has HD channels that hardly ever show actual HD content.

Everyone was all hell bent that Dish was falling behind Direct.. not adding any HD channels. Everyone naming almost every single HD channel that has been added or hopefully will be here shortly.

I sure hope Dish adds 15 more HD channels that will replace where the VOOM channels once were.

If you asked me last week if Dish were to remove the 15 VOOM channels and replace them with 37 HD channels that may or may not produce as much actual HD programming initially as the VOOM repeats ... would you want that? -- I would say HELL YES! in a heartbeat.

C'mon.... I think people are making a stink about this just a little too much. at this point it seems a little over board.

I can understand if you were a VOOM Lover and it takes a little while to get over the initial shock... but it's just TV...

Dish made a Business Decision...
we have to accept it and move on. At this point if you can't accept Dish's decision.. there's not much choice... accept it or move on.

Everyone cannot be happy at the same time... either Dish didn't add enough HD.. or Dish removed the VOOM repeats... someone is always gonna be upset. Dish has to make a big decision.. and they did. They are trying to catch back up with DirecTV. obviously DirecTV didn't think much of VOOM, if you take their word on it.

I'm sure a lot will still be heard about this whole situation during TEAM Summit. surely Dish has a sound reason for removing VOOM.

You're clueless also, so read this for a clue......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1359395-post34.html

What you guys are missing is that there are several different type of subscribers, who have different agendas:

- HD-Only-Pack subscribers who don't care if there is ZERO HD content on an "HD channel" because once E* adds it, they get it and the SD channel for free.

- Intellectual subscribers who are interested in a Voom-Gallery-HD feature on the artist Goya and not interest in "WWE Raw".

- Joe6Pack subscribers who love "WWE Raw" and could not tolerate 30 seconds of Gallery or Equator.

(Note - this is a generalization - I know that some people cross boundaries - but it fits most subscribers.)

So, the first group love any "HD channel" regardless of content.

The second group (which I think might include OP) were very angry at the removal of the Voom channels, and are uninterested in HD versions of popular J6P SD channels.

The third group - the main E* demographic - want channels in order of ratings - after ABC/FOX/NBC/CBS, they want USA, ESPN, TNT, Disney and Nickolodeon primarily, with FX, Spike and FoxNews next.

So, all of the posts in this and other threads complain about inconsistencies between complaints a few months ago and complaints today - but those were different groups with different agendas.

PS Ironically, the second group - who are the target audience of Voom - overwhelmingly subscribe to D* over E*...

Bargaining chip?

Now that E* removed most of the Voom channels I'm a bit disappointed. But I just wonder if this is E*'s way of telling Voom step up and get some more material. E* has recently been involved w/ a possible suit against Voom for the lack of new material. By keeping a few of the channels they have left the door open to Voom to return with a new line up to be re-added later.

Now that E* removed most of the Voom channels I'm a bit disappointed. But I just wonder if this is E*'s way of telling Voom step up and get some more material. E* has recently been involved w/ a possible suit against Voom for the lack of new material. By keeping a few of the channels they have left the door open to Voom to return with a new line up to be re-added later.

Most? Nope, they are all gone now.

I agree that the movie channels they had were not great, though I recorded a couple of movies off of VMOV for the brief period it was there. I really will miss RAVE however...watching the Jools Holland show was one of my weekly favorites and a great way to keep up with trends in music. I'll really miss it!

While the people who are very vocal appear to be the majority, I think the poll itself is very telling.

I'm just looking at the people who are going to switch, at this moment, 100%, and they only represent 8% of the vote.

92% (whether they're happy or not about the decision) are planning on staying right where they are. I've included the people who will only switch if D* picks up the VOOM package.

As someone pointed out earlier, with that sampling only being people who frequent this board (the HD-geeks who like eye-candy like VOOM), I would say that the average subscriber base may skew even further in favor of sticking with E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)