10 Voom Channels Gone, How Do You Feel?

10 Voom channels are gone, how do you feel?

• Happy - I did not care for Voom

Votes: 57 11.8%
  • No Biggie - I was not into Voom

Votes: 100 20.7%
  • No Biggie - They kept my channel

Votes: 73 15.1%
  • Disappointed but will stay where I am

Votes: 155 32.1%
  • Not Happy - I will downgrade my service

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Not Happy - I will leave at contract end

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Not Happy - If D* picks up Voom, I'm gone

Votes: 59 12.2%

• Total voters
...From where I sit though most of the VOOM channels were garbage, but they were only garbage because of the amount of repeats on them. They could have combined the networks and made 7 REALLY GOOD channels that had great variety. From where I sit only HDNews should be the only 24/7 channel since the mateiral is always updating.

In this day and age of the DVR they can air programming from all the channels and folks wont miss their favorite programs.

The problem is none of the above is up to DISH. I am sure if Rainbow did so with two VOOM channels to combine all VOOM HD content DISH'd be happy to keep them.

Well as far as I can tell, even when consider the fact VOOM subs have a disproportionally strong representation here, the ones that will have a real impact on the DISH bottom line is less than 8%. On the other site similarly the majority preferred other mainstream HDs. Bad or good decision by DISH, you decide.

Well, for all we know Dish could have sat down with the Voom folks and proposed some sort of merger. If they didn't, that's a shame—a total waste of programming that many of their subscribers enjoy. I wouldn't be upset if they merged their four movie channels' programs to one or two, combined Rush and World Sports, ditched HDNews, etc. But instead they're looking to throw out all this great HD programming and give us one or two new ones in their place.

I upgraded to HD last May (been with E* since 97) and liked the Voom channels a lot. Then it seemed like in December or so the content got less and the many repeats started. I stopped watching as much Voom but stayed with monster and Kung fu channels. So I an glade they did not get cut. Wife
likes Monster but not chiller.

Hope Dish adds some better channels to replace the lost ones. I agree with Dish I think Voom did not live up to the contract. If the repeats where the reason then I can see why E* pulled the plug. Sure turned me off of watch some of the Voom channels.....:mad:

I don't miss them at all. They were repetitious and redundant and took up way to much bandwith. Bring on the mainstream hd channels now in the place of VOOM.

Well, I think this poll shows Dish made the right call. Even with the huge HD fanatic bias, only 18% at this point are firmly in the "not happy" camp. In fact, a plurality are in the "happy" of "no biggie" camp.

I also think there should have been one more category, where I'd more accuatly fall: "Not pleased, but will be happy if this leads to other national HD"

I don't get why so many are mad at Dish for taking away Voom. Voom was a demo package. They had a chance to make great channels with NEW content and instead aired repeats. If Voom wanted to stay on they would have spent the time building a real network. Don't blame Dish for making the obvious choice. Voom did this to them stupid selves.

I'm one of the ones that liked having VOOM there... occasionally stumbling on something new or interesting.

That said though, hasn't VOOM now failed - not once, but twice - as currently constituted?

I know people are upset, but if it forces VOOM to consolidate to 5 really good channels with the best content across their lineup, it really is the best thing that they can do in the long run to deliver maximum value.

I'm one of the ones that liked having VOOM there... occasionally stumbling on something new or interesting.

That said though, hasn't VOOM now failed - not once, but twice - as currently constituted?

I know people are upset, but if it forces VOOM to consolidate to 5 really good channels with the best content across their lineup, it really is the best thing that they can do in the long run to deliver maximum value.

What is going to force the other providers to combine and improve their lack of HD programming and constant reruns?

I don't get why so many are mad at Dish for taking away Voom. Voom was a demo package. They had a chance to make great channels with NEW content and instead aired repeats. If Voom wanted to stay on they would have spent the time building a real network. Don't blame Dish for making the obvious choice. Voom did this to them stupid selves.

You must not watch Voom and didn't lose your favorite channels.

Get serious, we pay for SciFiHD so people can watch 1 or 2 shows per week.

Voom had nothing we liked...a bunch of high-brow shows with a limited market base.

Dish made the right choice for sure...I just went HD only and only did so because they added kid HD channels.

So long Voom!

Voom sucks and I'm glad that most of them will no longer be polluting my television with rerun filth.

Perhaps, but that does not take away from the fact that Voom is mostly gone and Dish is better for it.

I will now e-mail ceo@dishnetwork.com to announce my approval of their decision to rid themselves of these worthless channels.

I never watch USA or SciFi. By your logic, Dish is now a worse service for providing them in HD (mostly upconverted SD, actually), regardless of ratings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts