10 Voom Channels Gone, How Do You Feel?

10 Voom channels are gone, how do you feel?

• Happy - I did not care for Voom

Votes: 57 11.8%
  • No Biggie - I was not into Voom

Votes: 100 20.7%
  • No Biggie - They kept my channel

Votes: 73 15.1%
  • Disappointed but will stay where I am

Votes: 155 32.1%
  • Not Happy - I will downgrade my service

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Not Happy - I will leave at contract end

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Not Happy - If D* picks up Voom, I'm gone

Votes: 59 12.2%

• Total voters
IMO, I think the average television viewer would much rather watch "unique" programming that is unedited, without commercials and pop ups during programming, that has good HD picture quality. The majority of the national channels that we are forced to pay for because they are part of a larger package are neither unique, are edited and have commercials. Most of the programs can be seen on other channels. Do we really need more and more of the same mediocre programming or should we be demanding variety, uniqueness and quality? The only reason we have so many programmers jumping into the HD arena is to provide yet another crap channel where they can generate more ad revenue. Is it in their best interest to do this?...absolutely...is it in the consumer's best interest?....I think not. I don't buy magazines because most of the pages are filled with advertisements with very little unique content. Television is moving in this direction too. This is just some food for thought.

Thanks for the welcome! I have been reading these forums since I got Dish last December.

Seriously. Take away VOOM and put Dish & Direct next to each other and there is not that much of a difference (in terms of programming) besides a few HD channels.
Starshifter, welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome You may have been lurking before but welcome anyway!

I agree with your comments. Uniqueness has it's advantages and I think Dish just lost theirs.

Well, I still have 5 Voom and at most I got 10 - so that is 1/2. If people got 15 voom channels (5 must have been so bad I didn't even notice them), then they cut 2/3.

You guys sometimes wine way too much!

Did you read DISH Network -- Dish HD ?

Did you see more channels are coming over the next few weeks till the end of the year?

Who said the vooms are gone forever?

Six months ago everyone was wining about not having Sci-Fi and USA and ect. ect. - Dish just gave us that and pushed aside some channels that six months ago, most people said they didn't care about.

The new bird (Satellite) goes up this year and Dish will have far more HD room that Direct. Dish was smart to let Direct launch first. Now Dish can launch more and better without all the hype and lies of Direct.

Some people are never happy.

Well, I still have 5 Voom and at most I got 10 - so that is 1/2. If people got 15 voom channels (5 must have been so bad I didn't even notice them), then they cut 2/3.

Did you see more channels are coming over the next few weeks till the end of the year?

Six months ago everyone was wining about not having Sci-Fi and USA and ect. ect. - Dish just gave us that and pushed aside some channels that six months ago, most people said they didn't care about.

The new bird (Satellite) goes up this year and Dish will have far more HD room that Direct. Dish was smart to let Direct launch first. Now Dish can launch more and better without all the hype and lies of Direct.

Clueless..........:rolleyes:

Says the man whose channel STAYED ON. Nice.

And, WHINE has an H in it.

:)

Some of us never watched Voom, some of us watched it a lot, some of us (like me) watched it sometimes but enjoyed having it "around".

To those who claim "most people never watched it" or "it was less popular", would you suggest that Dish figure out which channel most people watch and decide to carry ONLY THAT CHANNEL? Or should it figure out which channel(s) a MAJORITY of subscribers watch and cut out everything else?

That's the advantage of satellite service; more capacity. Something for everyone and having a nice array of channels available for whenever you might want to watch.

This removal smacks of Dish having capacity constraints (perhaps for new channels down the road) or other problems. Removing VOOM because they aren't popular channels? Please, right on the heels of adding WORLD FISHING NETWORK?

Did people laugh a lot when Charlie made that claim?

Wait a minute...Did I miss something? Where was it said that Monsters is going away? If that's the case, bye bye Dish - I will cancel ASAP.

For once in your pathetic lifespan Dish, why don't you do something right for a change. At the very least, make the Voom channels an individual premium package again, I will gladly pay for something like that.

Dish certainly knows how to phuck up good news, don't they?

I upgraded to the Ultimate pack last night, I thought it to be worth the $10 for all the Voom and the extras they added yesterday.

After midnight, I removed the upgrade, since I no longer thought it worth it.

Am I upset, no.

Just finished reading the EARNINGS CALL thread in the Dish General Forum and the CEO says:

ALL VOOM WILL BE GOING AWAY

All customers should prepare to become part of the Leader in Stretch-O-Vision HD.

Just finished reading the EARNINGS CALL thread in the Dish General Forum and the CEO says:

ALL VOOM WILL BE GOING AWAY

All customers should prepare to become part of the Leader in Stretch-O-Vision HD.

Thanks. I will see any other defectors over on the D* forum. Charlie can kiss my ass.

Add me to the list of potential defectors. I was happy with just SciFi HD being added. I loved 9 of the 15 Voom channels. They played all their movies in OAR unlike black bar hating HBO, Cinemax, TBS, TNT and Dish Network PPV.

Ultra -- my favorite
Rave -- #2
Rush -- #3
Equator -- #4
HDNews
Kung Fu
Monsters
FilmFestival
World

Family, Gallery, Treasure, Animania, Gameplay and World Sports were channels I rarely watched.

I bet this has to do with the Voom lawsuit. Grrr...