10 year customer leaving this crappy service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually this problem is "under warranty". As previously posted they ARE offering to replace it for "free" if I pay $20. I am by no means an English professor but if I have to pay $20 it is not free, it costs $20. They own it and want to replace it with more of the equipment they own as it is defective. The principle here is $20 is not FREE and the only way to avoid that free fee is to pay $70 a year. Pretty simple... if its a free replacement of their faulty equipment I shouldn't have to pay or get extorted to take a $70 a year plan to correct this issue.
Come over to Dish...they will only extort you $15.00 shipping.;)

I think the OP hasn't had many electronics fixed under warranty, that required shipping back for repair.

This thread is pushing the boundaries of absurdity.

Can't wait for the OP to have anything else that needs to be done, ie realign dish, replace a PI ect, when it comes to needing them replaced without the PP, I'm sure that $ 70 Protection plan will have paid for itself.

Remember, the OP is leaving Directv and going to cable. So when his cable goes out he will be more ticked off because the long length of time he will be without cable service.

Add that to all the higher priced cable fees, OP made a smart move.

Last edited:
Hey OP .. make sure u close the door on your way out please. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

pro96 said:
Hey OP .. make sure u close the door on your way out please. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Next thing he will be angry about is that he has to close the door as he leaves. He will complain as to why the door isn't automatic.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Directv is what $6.99 for the DVR recvr programming, $ 10 for HD service , but thats good for all recvrs, not paid on each.

Don't have the exact fees here, the HD I know is $10, but the other may be slightly off.

With the Cable set up it's those prices for EACH recvr.

Thanks for illustrating my point. I hope the OP puts this into perspective. If the $20 fee is the tipping point, don't spend more to take a stance. This is coming from a Dish subscriber, and I'm telling you to not leave Directv based on a spiteful situation. Cable usually has nice deals, but when those deals are up, they hang you upside-down, cut you open, and watches you bleed out. Especially if they are the only Cable Company in town. Because they feel superior to satellite. That's because many potential customers who would switch struggle with LOS issues.

Doesn't DISH also have a FEE to RETURN Recvrs ?

Oh, the yellow journalism abounds... at least as of this past March.. the "Fee" was to get a pre-paid shipping label to ship your rcvr back.. and you are more than welcome to decline the "fee".. and arrange shipping on your own.

And at least for us.. if I was on cable, this type of thing would be free.. I would simply drive to the local cable office and swap the rcvr... so in this case, it appears DTV costs more than Dish and cable ;)

Actually this problem is "under warranty". As previously posted they ARE offering to replace it for "free" if I pay $20. I am by no means an English professor but if I have to pay $20 it is not free, it costs $20. They own it and want to replace it with more of the equipment they own as it is defective. The principle here is $20 is not FREE and the only way to avoid that free fee is to pay $70 a year. Pretty simple... if its a free replacement of their faulty equipment I shouldn't have to pay or get extorted to take a $70 a year plan to correct this issue.

This has probably already been covered, but here goes:
You should have known about these possible charges when you signed up. If you didn't, that's your fault. If you haven't called back, try calling again, another csr may waive the shipping fee. BTW, they aren't charging to replace it, they are charging to ship it, there is a difference. Good luck!

Based on the OP's attitude, I'm going to go out on a limb and say his tone with the CSR was probably not conducive to receiving the benefit of the doubt, and thus getting fees waived.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts