Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Person who I was going to get 1.2M dish from fell thru. Looked into getting a dish from one of site sponsors and shipping is more than the dish :( , which of course isn't their fault.

Anyone have suggestions for local vendor in the Los Angeles area that sells 100 or 120cm dishes?

Thanks

Person who I was going to get 1.2M dish from fell thru. Looked into getting a dish from one of site sponsors and shipping is more than the dish :( , which of course isn't their fault.

Anyone have suggestions for local vendor in the Los Angeles area that sells 100 or 120cm dishes?

Thanks

Where are u located

Los Angeles buyers:

If you're not too far from the 'Frisco/Sacramento area, I'd drive over to our Gold Sponsor, SatelliteAV.
I have a buddy whose girlfriend went up that way to see relatives.
He had her take his truck, and she brought back a nice 1.2m dish from Brian!

Here's a post I made several years ago to this same question.
The GeoSatPro from SatelliteAV has the best vertical fine adjuster.

DishExperts is in the valley north of LA.
They've been discussed favorably long in the past .
I was thinking of getting a 1.2 or bigger Fortec dish from them at one time. They're a Fortec dealer.
The suggestion I was given was, to go visit them with a pocket full of cash, and see what they would do for me on the spot.
Their site isn't showing dishes right now (probably updating it).
It's possible they don't have any 1.2's in stock.
I'd ask them what they could do for me, but I'd do it on person, not on the phone, to show my seriousness.

There was some other two-bit dealer out in the Brea area, that someone found.
This was a few years ago. Business was run out of the back of a MailBox store.
I drove over and took some pictures. Don't recall their name, but here is the old posts by me.
Probably okay place, as long as you saw what you were getting before paying for it. :)

edit:
Added links for several choices

Oh, and there was someone located out by Riverside... but I don't know if they're still there.
Try a Google search if interested.

Dishexperts only carry 90cm and 80cm, I have bough from them in the past.

Where are u located

West LA.

I picked up a 90cm dish from Dishexperts a few years ago but was informed by phone yesterday they don't sell anything larger. Made a few calls to various places on the phone today but couldn't find anyone in the greater LA area which had 100 or 120cm. One person said he was going to start carrying 120cm dishes but couldn't give me a date of when. I'll keep looking unless anyone knows of a good option.

Hey, Pro - whatever came of those 1.2m or 1.5m dishes you found up there a while back?
Those sounded okay at the time.

Dishexperts only carry 90cm and 80cm, I have bough from them in the past.
If they're an authorized dealer, my theory was that they could get you one of the bigger sizes.
I'm figuring the dishes come into the port of L.A. (down by Long Beach) to a warehouse, and are distributed from there.
If I'm right it might take DishExperts a week or two to get ya one (next load and all).
. . . or send you down to pick it up ... ?
But, if it was at a significant discount (no shipping to the user), that might work.
Well, it was just a theory. I didn't follow up to get one that way.

If they're an authorized dealer, my theory was that they could get you one of the bigger sizes.
I'm figuring the dishes come into the port of L.A. (down by Long Beach) to a warehouse, and are distributed from there.
If I'm right it might take DishExperts a week or two to get ya one (next load and all).
. . . or send you down to pick it up ... ?
But, if it was at a significant discount (no shipping to the user), that might work.
Well, it was just a theory. I didn't follow up to get one that way.

Not sure Dishexperts is authorized to do anything :rolleyes:

Previously I purchased a Fortec Star dish from them but was now told they are selling a generic 90cm dish. They didn't have any ideas on how to get a 120cm.

You're probably right about merchandise coming thru Long Beach. I'm sure I'll eventually find one, maybe I'll have to make some calls to OC.

other choices:

Well, another member badgered Sadoun to look through his warehouse for an H180 motor that hadn't been in stock for a year.
...and he got one!
So, I was suggesting you twist DishExpert's tail and give them no choice.
Sounds like they're not gonna help out, though.

Here's another thread with an idea how to get a nice commercial 1.2m dish.

We've also talked about some 1.8m (six foot) molded commercial offset dishes around, but it didn't sound like you really wanted to go quite that far.

West LA.

I picked up a 90cm dish from Dishexperts a few years ago but was informed by phone yesterday they don't sell anything larger. Made a few calls to various places on the phone today but couldn't find anyone in the greater LA area which had 100 or 120cm. One person said he was going to start carrying 120cm dishes but couldn't give me a date of when. I'll keep looking unless anyone knows of a good option.

I have a used 100cm Winegard dish That I do not use much that I wanted to sell, pm if interested.
I am located in either 805 and 818 area.

Look here for pictures of an old post of mine, The sale doesn't include the ghetto floor mount, mast and/or LNB

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1837537-post8.html

thanks pro96. I have a couple of leads on a 1.2M but if those fall thru I'll drop you a PM. :up

When I first got into this a year ago, there was a dealer in the San Fernando Valley called Phat Satellite. Bought my first receiver and a 39" dish from them. Sorry, don't remember the specifics, but they do advertise on Craigslist from time to time. Might be worth a google.

Did ya get your 100cm/120cm yet from the local sources?

I'm pretty sure I located a 1.2M but won't believe until I physically see it and pick it up next week.

I'm pretty sure I located a 1.2M but won't believe until I physically see it and pick it up next week.

Show us pictures of your new 1.2m since you said you were getting one the first week of this month

Thanks

I believe I have a 1.2m (New Andrews/Channel Master) sitting in my storage place.
I'm down in the Riverside County area.

Can't much do anything for at least two weeks due to work commitments.

If you're interested in pursuing this, please PM me with the details. The feed is for Ku and I also have a non-pen mount, if interested.

I believe I have a 1.2m (New Andrews/Channel Master) sitting in my storage place.
I'm down in the Riverside County area.

Can't much do anything for at least two weeks due to work commitments.

If you're interested in pursuing this, please PM me with the details. The feed is for Ku and I also have a non-pen mount, if interested.

PM Sent. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)