100+ National HD Channels?

I am not blaming Dish on this as it is a broadcaster issue, but what good is a HD station when they play the movie "Hoosier' with sidebars (not widescreen) as they did last night on 'VS'. Not sure what they transmitted audio-wise. As some have indicated, just being listed as a HD station does not always 'truly' count (at least in my opinion).

The bad thing about that is that it's a SPLIT channel and they still hardly ever have HD. I appreciate that they are only wasting 1 channel instead of 2, but...

If they aren't going to simulcast the whole channel, they should just fill in between the actual HD events with something else. Even if it's just replays of the same events. As it is, it appears to me that they start on the Golf Channel, just leave it there until there's something in HD on VS...switch...leave it there until there's something in HD on Golf....switch...ect.

I understand the point of simulcast channels. But Golf/Vs has all of the drawbacks without any of the benefits. If I like to watch VS regularly, I'm not going to tune to the HD channel first, because half the time it's not there.

Charlie can get 100 + channels with these new additions:

WFN HD2
WFNews HD
WFN ocho HD
WFN Alternate HD
WFN International HD
WFN pescando HD

maybe this way he will get to 100 HD +? Why not more fishing channels and while they at it add:

Bingo HD
Bingo HD2
BingoNews HD
Bingo Alternate HD
Bingo bingo HD

As funny as that is it might not be a far stretch. Who would have thought a month or two ago we would have an hd channel such as WFN instead of some of the more requested channels.

WFN is often filmed with a consumer handycam...

As funny as that is it might not be a far stretch. Who would have thought a month or two ago we would have an hd channel such as WFN instead of some of the more requested channels.

dish has no clue what their premium customers want as evident from dropping Voom HD channels. While I do watch fishing I find that the fishing shows on the outdoor channel in SD are no different than the WFN as the WFN is often filmed with cheap equipment and not true HD anyways. I've got a huge screen so the clarity is obvious; it is obvious that dish has no clue about their customers!:mad:

dish has no clue what their premium customers want as evident from dropping Voom HD channels. While I do watch fishing I find that the fishing shows on the outdoor channel in SD are no different than the WFN as the WFN is often filmed with cheap equipment and not true HD anyways. I've got a huge screen so the clarity is obvious; it is obvious that dish has no clue about their customers!:mad:

And it's obvious that you have absolutely no clue on how things work in the business world, so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)