1000.2 and DPP44 Question

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
If I use a DPP44 with a 1000.2, do I have to connect all three outputs from the 1000.2's triple LNB into the DPP44? Or, will the DPP44 work with only one or two feeds from the 1000.2? (I'm trying to avoid running a third feed from the roof, if possible.)

Thanks.

If I use a DPP44 with a 1000.2, do I have to connect all three outputs from the 1000.2's triple LNB into the DPP44? Or, will the DPP44 work with only one or two feeds from the 1000.2? (I'm trying to avoid running a third feed from the roof, if possible.)

Thanks.

You'll need one cable run per orbital location, in this case 3 cables for 119/110/129. How many receiver will you be feeding off the 1000.2? You can feed up to 3 dual tuners from the 1000.2 dish.

Thanks Randall. I'm going to be feeding 4 receivers - 3 single tuner 211's and a dual tuner 612. The 211's will be in one location and the 612 in another.

I currently have two lines coming down from the roof. (Somebody spec'd the wrong number to the cable-puller.) I was hoping I could use one of those lines with a separator into the 612, and the other line into the DPP44 then over to the three 211's.

But, it sounds like I will need all three feeds from the triple LNB/switch to the DPP44. Then, out to the four receivers, with a separator on the 612.

I mounted and pointed the 1000.2 today at work. And, I must say it was the easiest dish install I ever did. I'm not a professional installer, of course. But, I've done a few dish installs over the years. And, this was just so easy to assemble, mount, and aim. A pleasant surprise.

As soon as the cable-pullers finish their runs, I can hook up the DPP44 and remaining 211 receivers. I've got the 612 running just fine so far.

Thanks again, Randall. I've got all four receivers singing.

That DPP44 switch is humongous, though, especially with that power supply. That's the first time I ever saw one in person.

Well thank goodness we're not using SW64's anymore... those were even worse. XD Glad you got it up and running, Gary!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)