sound dropping for a second?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I noticed this on HDNET and just now on MHD. No pixelation indicating a signal problem. Just a quick glitch in the audio. Anybody else notice this?
Or is just on my end?
Thanks

On my LIL HD NBC

I've been noticing it on my NBC HD station out of KC over sat. But that is the only station that I've had that problem with. So instead of taking it off sat have now changed it to OTA. I hope this will cure the problem.

Probably is just a glitch, let us know if it starts to be a regular thing.

Yes

I noticed this on HDNET and just now on MHD. No pixelation indicating a signal problem. Just a quick glitch in the audio. Anybody else notice this?
Or is just on my end?
Thanks

I noticed a quick audio drop this past week. It started during the Ocscar awards telecast.

I noticed a regular 1 - 2 second drop in sound every 5 minutes or so when I was watching a PBS HD OTA program on Saturday night. I have noticed this on Dish HD as well in the past. I think it was always in the Dolby Digital broadcasts.

This is happening pretty regularly to me now. It happened a lot last night while watching CBS. I have noticed that if I skip back with my DVR and replay the part where the audio dropped it doesn't drop the second time around.

I've been having this issue with only my local NBC station that I receive via sat. Been going on for months. I figured it must be them since no other channels are having this problem.

I'm gonna try zzandrewst's suggestion and see if the dropout is still there if I rewind.

Phil

Haven't had the problem today at all, I went and tightened all of my cables last night - maybe I just had a loose wire.

Rewinding back made no difference... it still dropped the audio for a couple of seconds. It still seems to be only one of my local stations.

I thought about tightening the cables but dismissed it since it only occurs on the single station. I will give that a try this weekend now, tho.

Phil

Tightening cables almost certainly won't work for the symptoms described; heck you might make things worse when trying to get access to the back of your equipment. Speaking of which... What equipment do you have? What model Dish receiver, how do you get audio, what type of cabling/connection are you using, etc... Without that information, its just guessing.

I get audio "blips" regularly. It's just a quick drop for a second and comes right back. I have my optical audio out from the 622 going to my Sony AV receiver and I notice that when it does this, the Sony receiver is like... rediscovering what kind of audio signal it's getting. The Dolby indicator light goes out, and then the display on the receiver scrolls and tells me it has decided what kind of audio signal it is receiving and the indicator light comes back on.

I should pay more attention and see if this only happens to the live program when recording something else or .... I can't see a pattern really. Possibly a handshake thing with DRM? I have HDMI to my plasma with the plasma's speakers turned off. (TV handles video switching, receiver handles audio)

I can't remember NOT having these audio drops since I've gotten the 622. I do not recall them happening on my 625 before I got HD service and upgraded.

I have been seeing this problem a lot, very annoying. For me it showed up mostly on the ABC HD local (Sacramento). It will cut out very small bits of audio, but sporadically throughout, so you'll miss words here and there.

I have a 622 and it happens on my toslink as well as on the coax run to TV2, so I know it's not my cables. I thought it might just be the signal for ABC, since it doesn't seem to happen elsewhere. I switched my recordings to the SD channel and we don't get the blips anymore. Haven't tried OTA yet, I never get a very reliable signal from my current antenna setup.

I get audio "blips" regularly. It's just a quick drop for a second and comes right back. I have my optical audio out from the 622 going to my Sony AV receiver and I notice that when it does this, the Sony receiver is like... rediscovering what kind of audio signal it's getting. The Dolby indicator light goes out, and then the display on the receiver scrolls and tells me it has decided what kind of audio signal it is receiving and the indicator light comes back on.

I should pay more attention and see if this only happens to the live program when recording something else or .... I can't see a pattern really. Possibly a handshake thing with DRM? I have HDMI to my plasma with the plasma's speakers turned off. (TV handles video switching, receiver handles audio)

I can't remember NOT having these audio drops since I've gotten the 622. I do not recall them happening on my 625 before I got HD service and upgraded.

I too have a Sony receiver, and I used to get this behavior with my SA8300HD cable DVR, but I have never gotten it with my 722. What does happen sometimes is I will experience audio drop-out problems when there is a weather alert scroll across the bottom of the screen on some stations. Not sure why this is so hard for them to get right.

Ted

I have been seeing this problem a lot, very annoying. For me it showed up mostly on the ABC HD local (Sacramento). It will cut out very small bits of audio, but sporadically throughout, so you'll miss words here and there.

I have a 622 and it happens on my toslink as well as on the coax run to TV2, so I know it's not my cables. I thought it might just be the signal for ABC, since it doesn't seem to happen elsewhere. I switched my recordings to the SD channel and we don't get the blips anymore. Haven't tried OTA yet, I never get a very reliable signal from my current antenna setup.

Same problem in Sacramento on locals 10-00 (ABC) and 40-00 (Fox). Anything recorded from these channels or pausing live and resuming or backing up causes this. I've replaced my 622, recently and it does the same thing. Perhaps it's coincidence, but the problems seemed to start when I switched to the HD-only package. Some CSRs acknowledge the problem, some don't. I'm not gonna pay some high school dropout $30 to roll out here and tell me he doesn't know what to make of it. If anyone gets a reasonable answer about what this problem is, please post.

Same here. In notice if I have the sound slighly up on my TV, the sound continues through the HDMI port, but is lost by my reciever on the optical connection.

Same here. In notice if I have the sound slighly up on my TV, the sound continues through the HDMI port, but is lost by my reciever on the optical connection.
Yeah, nice catch. What a mess. I'm surprised it's doing that, I figured it was in the signal since my coax run to TV2 was giving me the same audio drops. Must be something in the way the 622 pushes the stream to the optical port.

Now my bigger problem is periodically, while watching recorded events, the image will freeze but the audio will keep running. Then it'll jump to the "current" frame to sync with the audio and freeze again. Some times it's more freezy, sometimes it's like stop motion animation. But that's another problem for another thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)