sound dropping for a second?

I get it on many channels and it seems to be a momentary loss of audio sync when going HDMI from the 622 through the Denon. Sometimes I miss the good old analog stereo signal but would much rather have a few short dropouts and surround. JMHO

momentary loss of audio sync when going HDMI from the 622 through the Denon
I think that you are referring to a different problem here. Stereo/surround/sync are not the complaints here, though the sync problem does annoy me also. The thing being reported here is the actual loss of sound for a micro-second or so. Best description is a bad cell phone connection.

Also, I think we've pretty much eliminated HDMI as a source of the problem, though that is what CSR will tell you to check.

Glad that you apparently aren't having the dropout problem. It may be limited to satellites that you do not use.

Good News - Finally! Sound dropouts apparently fixed

Watching tonight's local news (WTVD) I noticed almost immediately that there were no dropouts. The problem had gotten really bad over the past few weeks. I checked the system information (Menu/6-1-3) and sure enough, I now have software v616. Apparently 615 was scuttled. I read some complaints here that 615 introduced some problems not seen in 614, which was my previous version.

As best I can tell, the sound dropouts are completely gone now. I'm still not totally pleased with Dish since it took so long to get this fixed, but at least it does seem to be fixed.