Dish 1000.4 for HD locals install questions

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
My present system has 1–VIP 622 (with WD 750 MB EHD), 1-VIP 222 and 1-322. I am going to buy another VIP 222 and replace my 322 so I will have all MPEG 4 receivers. I have a Dish 500 for 110-119 and a Dish 500 for 61.5 (left over from VOOM) that go thru a DP 44 switch. Since the Little Rock DMA now has locals in HD on 77W I want to be on the EA since the LOS is great and the 110-119 LOS is marginal.

Questions are:

• Will Dish install a 1000.4 if I agree to the extended commitment or are they likely to install another “wing dish” for the 77W?

• If I purchase a 1000.4 and have it available, is it reasonable to expect the installer to use it instead of another “wing dish” if Dish will not authorize installation of a 1000.4 for the HD locals?

• Will the SmartCards I received in the last couple of months work on the EA satellites or do I need different cards?

• If I choose to self-install a 1000.4, does Dish have to give some sort of permission for me to use the EA signal as opposed to the 110-119-61.5 I presently use?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I just purchased a 1000.4 and self installed. Smart cards will work as long as they say G3. No permissions needed.

Another great thing is, with only 3 receivers, you won't need the dpp44 anymore. You can run a single cable to each dual tuner using a dpp seperator at each unit.

Last edited:
When my locals became available I called and told them I wanted a 1000.4 because I did not want another dish. They tried to say I could not do that, but then I asked to speak to a supervisor and she took care of it. They put it up free of charge with no extended commitment. All I said was my locals are in HD now on EA and what can you do for me to get them. It's crazy to sign another 2 years for a dish. With this economy you never know what is going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)