Dish 1000.4 for HD locals install questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
My present system has 1–VIP 622 (with WD 750 MB EHD), 1-VIP 222 and 1-322. I am going to buy another VIP 222 and replace my 322 so I will have all MPEG 4 receivers. I have a Dish 500 for 110-119 and a Dish 500 for 61.5 (left over from VOOM) that go thru a DP 44 switch. Since the Little Rock DMA now has locals in HD on 77W I want to be on the EA since the LOS is great and the 110-119 LOS is marginal.

Questions are:

• Will Dish install a 1000.4 if I agree to the extended commitment or are they likely to install another “wing dish” for the 77W?

• If I purchase a 1000.4 and have it available, is it reasonable to expect the installer to use it instead of another “wing dish” if Dish will not authorize installation of a 1000.4 for the HD locals?

• Will the SmartCards I received in the last couple of months work on the EA satellites or do I need different cards?

• If I choose to self-install a 1000.4, does Dish have to give some sort of permission for me to use the EA signal as opposed to the 110-119-61.5 I presently use?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I just purchased a 1000.4 and self installed. Smart cards will work as long as they say G3. No permissions needed.

Another great thing is, with only 3 receivers, you won't need the dpp44 anymore. You can run a single cable to each dual tuner using a dpp seperator at each unit.

Last edited:
When my locals became available I called and told them I wanted a 1000.4 because I did not want another dish. They tried to say I could not do that, but then I asked to speak to a supervisor and she took care of it. They put it up free of charge with no extended commitment. All I said was my locals are in HD now on EA and what can you do for me to get them. It's crazy to sign another 2 years for a dish. With this economy you never know what is going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)