sound dropping for a second?

Indeed. Any time you run into a bug, call / email and have the rep file a TPR (technical problem report,) so that the issue can be trended and software patch created.

ShadowInc's report is about a problem with recorded or delayed satellite-delivered locals that are 720p - ABC and FOX. That problem does not occur while viewing the channels live.

It's likely that there are additional, separate problems affecting other channels in other situations.

I have been unable to watch Family Guy the past two weeks due to the horrible sound dropping. It does it on other channels some, but mostly fox. I have started noticeing that it doesn't drop very much if at all if I am watching "Live TV" however, if it is recorded or just rewound a bit, it is inaudible. I have gone back and forth with the live tv versus the buffered and it is definately something with the buffered feed. I'm watching the news right now not live and it is not jumpy. Only Family Guy and American Dad appeared to have the issue horribly. WTF?

Charlie hates Family Guy? :p

It may be the framerate they use to broadcast or something in the system at the same time those shows are on.

Try:

front panel reset

hard reset

hard reset with powerdrain

check cables while doing all the other crap

different wall outlet / bypass surge strip.

I get the sound blips too, but only when I record HD shows from my local ABC station...via Dish, not OTA. It was so bad last week during the recording of Boston Legal that I though my wife was going to scream. Dish needs to address this issue, or my wife will insist we move back to Directv when our contract is up. We NEVER had this issue with them!

I'm in the same area and also getting lots of audio drops on primetime ABC shows (via Dish, not OTA) recorded on my 622.

I've noticed this as well on my 622. Many recorded OTA shows (like Family Guy), audio drops just for a fraction of a second but like every 2-5 seconds, I think when it appears to be working it is just because there isn't any sound and that's when it "drops". It is very annoying. I'm not sure if I've noticed it on non-OTA recordings but it certainly could be the case, and I can't say that it's on all OTA recordings.

I posted about this a while back about my local fox. It only happened during a specific recording. But when I switched the recording to OTA it's fine.

A little different audio problem I have noticed is a loud computerized buzz. Funny thing is I was at a friends house who has comcast hd and I heard that same exact noise. The show I was watching was also recorded at my house in hd and I heard the same audio problem.

How many people are experiencing this problem? Myself and a friend of mine are the only people I know with Dish HD here in Portland, OR and we are both having audio problems on Fox and ABC recorded programs.

Can we take a poll on this? Somebody make one please! This is beyond annoying, it is reason to leave Dish Network for real. Problem appears to be widespread. Cant watch recorded primetime ABC or Fox? See ya!

I'm in Portland, OR and am having the problem as well. It's maddening--I can't watch Family Guy or The Simpsons at all.

I'm having the same issues on ota and sat recordings. Sound drops for a second. This needs addressed asap.

HDMI may be the problem, like it was for me between my LG HDTV and a Samsung DVD/sound system. Hooked up using component cables for the video and optical for the audio and all is well. I think it was just a handshake thing between the source and load, HDMI being a computer interlink and all. Even $$$ best quality HDMI cables, differant cable lengths or routing away from everything didn't help.

It's not an HDMI problem, I have my audio running straight via optical from the box to my receiver, video is via component. This problem seems to be getting worse... and I've only noticed it on recorded programs, not live broadcasts. Infuriating.

Funny enough, almost three years ago when I started with Dish with a 522, I had this problem, too, of audio drops several times during a program. Obviously it's not related since I now have a 722, but -- please. Can't Dish get these things right?

I've received the standard "We're working on it" response (I won't say 'soon', that joke is old and done). Anyone else hear anything about an ETA for a fix, or do we have to wait for the quarterly software update?

If UVERSE calls me again while I'm watching a program with dropouts, I might just have to take them up on their offer!

I am having the problems too. I emailed Dish from their website, but I have not heard a response back from them yet. What email are people using that gets a response, so I at least know my complaint was logged? Should I call and complain too?

i woke up this morning and every channel and show on dvr was have 2-3 second audto drops. i called and a system reboot solved the issue.

Then, for what its worth...

But i then mention the audio drops on my locals. I notice it on CBS in St. Louis. The tech guy told me that they are aware of this for the local channels and are working towards a fix. He said it has something to do with the feed from the local channel to Dish, so OTA users won't see this same issue.

Update: Just received this email from Dish Quality...

Dear [Miggity],

Thank you for your information! Our Software Team for the 622/722 receivers is still working on this issue. To investigate this issue, our Software Engineering team is currently dissecting some of the boxes that we have retrieved from customers. The fix will most likely come in the form of a software download. We have been looking into the issue diligently and trying to get it resolved. It will be a matter of getting the problem identified and then corrected. We have received word that progress is being made by the Software team who are addressing this problem. As with any receiver software upgrade this includes development and testing prior to any release to customers. We are confident that a fix is on the way but as yet have no definite date.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Technologies LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

I recorded Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix from Cinemax HD a while ago and I watched it last night. There were some momentary audio dropouts with no accompanying video breakup. This is the first time I've noticed them. I don't have HD locals, and the problem was nowhere near as bad as what people are describing on their HD locals.

I recorded Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix from Cinemax HD a while ago and I watched it last night. There were some momentary audio dropouts with no accompanying video breakup. This is the first time I've noticed them. I don't have HD locals, and the problem was nowhere near as bad as what people are describing on their HD locals.

Thats my problem also. Mine seems to be on Sat recordings with no video breakup.

Add me to the list. It's a recent problem for us. My impression was that it was a problem with the boradcast, but it's been happening a lot in different scenarios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts