1000.2 as a wing dish

lineman20109

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Reva, Va
Is it possible to use a 1000.2 with the two outside lnbs covered and aimed at 129 as a wing dish for a 1000.4? According to the spotbeam map, I am on the fringe for spotbeam 26 and was hoping the reflector on the 1000.2 would be large enough to get a reliable signal for my "move" to Pittsburgh.

Also, would this setup damage or overload the receivers if it is even possible?

I do have access to an old fortec star dish, would I better off picking up a single dpp lnb and using it on the fortec instead? I figured the 1000.2 would be easier to try first since it is in my back yard and the fortec is on the girlfriends roof...

Thank you for any replies.

Update: I am getting a signal strength of 6 on tp10. I guess that counts the 1000.2 out.

Last edited:
Thank you. That's the answer I was expecting on that issue. I had very poor results with the 1000.2 on tp10 anyhow. I'll try the Fortec with the single lnb next.

The main problem here is the excessive power that DPP LNBs draw. Too much for the input port of another DPP LNB and the receiver trying to power two DPP LNBs.

The main problem here is the excessive power that DPP LNBs draw. Too much for the input port of another DPP LNB and the receiver trying to power two DPP LNBs.

That's why I was hoping that by covering the outside lnbs and running a check switch that it would somehow ignore/disable them and not draw as much power. I am hoping for better luck using a fta dish and a single dpp lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)