1000.2 dish can't lock on to 110

moshpitbull

Original poster
Dec 24, 2015
Texas
Hi all, merry Christmas Eve! I'm hoping someone could point in me the direction to fix this aiming problem I'm having. I recently moved and since I was 7 months into contract it was either 99 to pay to install or do it myself. I thought, I used to have DirecTV and moved it tons of times myself so no problem.

I have a 1000.2 dish, a hopper and 2 joeys. I've got the wiring and everything works fine but having a problem locking onto 110. I can pick up 119 and 129, but after I check switch I get it found those two and a red X. I check the signal and am on transponders higher than 11 but 110 days locked wrong satellite 129. I've got all my numbers spot on from what dish pointer.com says. It's plum and level. Just can figure it out. I think I need to swing it 9 degrees to the east (or left if I'm standing behind the dish) is that right? Should I then lower or raise the elevation after I moved it to the left? Zip is 786xx so I'm using 47.6 el, 217 az and 121 sk. I've tried the tin foil trick on the outer two but can never get it. When I cover the middle 129 drops out.

Any ideas would be awesome! Thanks all!!!

What town and zipcode are you in ? Give me that and I can look up the elevation for the dish and the skew and then you could aim it with correct coordinates. IF those are correct you should be able to peak on the 119 lnb and the 110 will automatically come in -unless that lnb has a problem .

Hi all, merry Christmas Eve! I'm hoping someone could point in me the direction to fix this aiming problem I'm having. I recently moved and since I was 7 months into contract it was either 99 to pay to install or do it myself. I thought, I used to have DirecTV and moved it tons of times myself so no problem.

I have a 1000.2 dish, a hopper and 2 joeys. I've got the wiring and everything works fine but having a problem locking onto 110. I can pick up 119 and 129, but after I check switch I get it found those two and a red X. I check the signal and am on transponders higher than 11 but 110 days locked wrong satellite 129. I've got all my numbers spot on from what dish pointer.com says. It's plum and level. Just can figure it out. I think I need to swing it 9 degrees to the east (or left if I'm standing behind the dish) is that right? Should I then lower or raise the elevation after I moved it to the left? Zip is 786xx so I'm using 47.6 el, 217 az and 121 sk. I've tried the tin foil trick on the outer two but can never get it. When I cover the middle 129 drops out.

Any ideas would be awesome! Thanks all!!!
Cover the two outer LNBs with foil then see which satellite you are getting. I suspect it's 110. If so, you'd want to swing the dish to the left. Get a peak on both axes after you are looking at the correct satellite. Angles supplied by DishPointer are a starting point, but you should be able to get better signal by nudging the dish. Once you have 119 solid on the center LNB, uncover the other two and verify you now have 129 and 110 as well. Then run a check switch.

Skew doesn't normally need to be adjusted from the value you get from DishPointer but make sure you are using the number for your zip code AND the 3-LNB dish configuration. If you are getting low signal strengths on 110 or 129 but good numbers for 119, some skew adjustment might help. Loosening the skew adjustment screws on a 1000.2 causes the dish to drop in elevation so you need to retighten the screws after each skew tweak.

I'm in Leander TX 78641. Hey tried a different lnb before, I was thinking the same thing but had the exact same results. I do have a solo node connected. Could it be that?

These are the angles you want per zip code

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 228
It will probably pay benefits if you don't incorporate the Check Switch procedure in your aiming process.

If your mast is truly plumb, it sounds like you're reading the elevation scale wrong. The part you need to read on the scale is the edge of the sheet metal, not the bolt. Some of the older dishes had the edge beveled and painted red. In the picture below, this elevation is set at about 53 degrees:

Satellite%20030.jpg

I finally found 110 and all 3 are in using your folks info. Thanks so much for the help! It's been almost 5 days trying this. Thank you thank you!

Reactions: papachops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)