1000.2 lnb interchangable with 1000.4 ?

There is a new LNB that was just introduced a few weeks ago. It uses the current k4 dish and uses a different LNB that will capture 110-119-129

Do some searching for a 1000.4 western arc.

That's what we're installing now. We've actually known about it for several months, but we had to wait until we depleted our current inventory before we got sent any.

First, adjust your skew settings and elevation to the proper settings for a 1000.2 in your area.
Second, Take the 1000.4 bracket that holds the LNB on to the arm and cut out the little middle tab.
Then take a 1000.2 LNB and attach it to the bracket. It will fit just fine if you cut the middle tab so it is flush.

There is nothing else that needs to be done to convert a 1000.4 dish with a .4 LNB to a 1000.4 dish with a .2 LNB.

Techs, including myself, have been doing this for quite some time now when in a pinch.

That's what we're installing now. We've actually known about it for several months, but we had to wait until we depleted our current inventory before we got sent any.

Us as well. Havent had the opportunity to install one just yet, but its staring in my face every day.

First, adjust your skew settings and elevation to the proper settings for a 1000.2 in your area.
Second, Take the 1000.4 bracket that holds the LNB on to the arm and cut out the little middle tab.
Then take a 1000.2 LNB and attach it to the bracket. It will fit just fine if you cut the middle tab so it is flush.

There is nothing else that needs to be done to convert a 1000.4 dish with a .4 LNB to a 1000.4 dish with a .2 LNB.

Techs, including myself, have been doing this for quite some time now when in a pinch.

Not this tech. Using the correct dish with the correct LNB/bracket will always yield the best results. If I have to get a new part from another tech or wait on someone to bring me the correct part, I do so.

The guy needs a new LNB anyways, buy the correct one.

actually, using the proper stuff doesn't always give u the best result. that is just what the company deems more cost efficient. for instance, i have even used a 500+ reflector with a .4 skew, arm, bracket, and .4 WA and I have never seen the signal strength as high as i was able to get it doing this. so im not sure where u got ur information as far as using the proper stuff "dish" says that it will give u the best results, cause u r flat out wrong. just like before they came out with the .4 WA. using a .2 with the .4 stuff, gave u better signal strengths.

actually, using the proper stuff doesn't always give u the best result. that is just what the company deems more cost efficient. for instance, i have even used a 500+ reflector with a .4 skew, arm, bracket, and .4 WA and I have never seen the signal strength as high as i was able to get it doing this. so im not sure where u got ur information as far as using the proper stuff "dish" says that it will give u the best results, cause u r flat out wrong. just like before they came out with the .4 WA. using a .2 with the .4 stuff, gave u better signal strengths.

ok

OK, but now, which one's the best ? ? ?

WOW, all the info is great . . 1000.2 vs 1000.4. BUT, I have this dilemna: I'm brand new with Dish (I had Directv for 2yrs > > too $$$$). I just got a 622 HD-DVR for home. THEN, this Spring, I plan on buying a 211k for our motorhome, and use their Pay-As-You-Go program. (+$7/mo. period . . a bargain). BUT, which dish should I get: 1000.2 or 1000.4 ? I align using an Acutrac III, and really needed the fine-tune adjustments (Az & El) on the Directv dish. On the road I set up almost nightly (different campgrounds), so I'm looking for the easiest to align, and full nation coverage (excluding Key West & Wash. state). Suggestions ? ? ?

My sister-in-law just got an upgrade the other day she got the 722k with the 1K.4 dish.When I checked System Info in the Menu it identified it as 1K.2 LNBs.I know she got the 1K.4 because I have the 1K.2 and you can see the difference to me the 1K.4 looks deeper(to me)when I compared them.:confused:
I found out why after my new install.My sister-in-law received the 1K.4 reflector/w 1K.2 LNBs.Mine has the new 1K.4 mount and in System Info in the Menu my LNBs say WA.4 LNBs.:D A big Thank you goes out to Scott and SatelliteGuys for helping me become an Informed Upgrader.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts