This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1000.2 or 1000.4

Doesn’t one of those have the capability of receiving 4 satellite positions?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
The dish that can receive 4 satellite positions is called 1000+. It is Western Arc that has LNBs for 110, 119, 129, & 118 for the international channels. The DPH42 switch is also available that converts the DPP LNB output to DPH format

Reactions: NYDutch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all the 3-LNB assemblies include a DP input port, enabling a 4th satellite location from another dish. Both eastern/western arc hybrid LNBs include an input port as well, though the EA hybrid LNB only has 2 satellite locations, meaning that the input port only gets you to 3 and not 4.

Reactions: HipKat
That's correct, but the dish/LNB itself is not capable of receiving the 3rd or 4th satellite, just that the LNB's switch section is capable of processing the signal from an additional dish.

I have a hopper 3 set up and want to hook my 922 up again do I have to switch the dish and lnb back?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I hope so I own it . I actually like the 922 I am going to the boat show tomorrow I might already have a anchor.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I switched it over no problem. The dish customer service rep was awesome. He also liked the 922 and thought its a really nice receiver. I hooked it up to my dish and ran a check switch it says I am losing a satellite but I don’t think anything was on it anymore. So far it works great . I will see if it needs the old dish and lnb installed .

Looking at the guide on the 922 it just downloaded channel 198 shows HBO 2 . Tales from the Unexplained. Maybe it’s a clue that HBO is returning.

Reactions: HipKat
Which Satellite were you missing? And 198 is a Dish Watch Event Channel now. The show listed is correct

I am missing 77 . The signals are about 60-70 should I put the old dish and lnb back up or is everything going to work fine with the hopper set up ?

I am missing 77 . The signals are about 60-70 should I put the old dish and lnb back up or is everything going to work fine with the hopper set up ?

If you continue to have your HD locals all is fine. You don’t need 77 unless your HD locals are on it.

I thought Dish had retired the 922.

I had a Hws that was on its last leg and saw the 922 on dish depot for 99 dollars a few years ago. I bought it and used it for a little while than I saw a hopper 3 on sale for I think 150 so I bought it. I own a 522 622 Hws Joey 1 Joey 3 hopper 3 . I have been with dish along time. I do want to call them I see on one of the price guides a 922 is 10 dollars a month it’s showing 15 on my account. It’s working great!