1000.2 or 1000.4

Doesn’t one of those have the capability of receiving 4 satellite positions?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
The dish that can receive 4 satellite positions is called 1000+. It is Western Arc that has LNBs for 110, 119, 129, & 118 for the international channels. The DPH42 switch is also available that converts the DPP LNB output to DPH format

Reactions: NYDutch
The 1000.2 can be equipped with an LNB that receives the three western arc sats at 110, 119, and 129 degrees, or an LNB that receives two of the three eastern arc sats at 61.6 and 72.7 degrees. The 1000.2 can be fitted with either DPP or DPH LNB's.

The 1000.4 can be equipped with an LNB that receives the three western arc sats at 110, 119, and 129 degrees, or an LNB that receives the three eastern arc sats at 61.6, 72.7, and 77 degrees. The 1000.4 can only be fitted with DPP LNB's, although there is a DPH42 switch available that converts the DPP LNB output to DPH format.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all the 3-LNB assemblies include a DP input port, enabling a 4th satellite location from another dish. Both eastern/western arc hybrid LNBs include an input port as well, though the EA hybrid LNB only has 2 satellite locations, meaning that the input port only gets you to 3 and not 4.

Reactions: HipKat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all the 3-LNB assemblies include a DP input port, enabling a 4th satellite location from another dish. Both eastern/western arc hybrid LNBs include an input port as well, though the EA hybrid LNB only has 2 satellite locations, meaning that the input port only gets you to 3 and not 4.
That's correct, but the dish/LNB itself is not capable of receiving the 3rd or 4th satellite, just that the LNB's switch section is capable of processing the signal from an additional dish.

I have a hopper 3 set up and want to hook my 922 up again do I have to switch the dish and lnb back?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I switched it over no problem. The dish customer service rep was awesome. He also liked the 922 and thought its a really nice receiver. I hooked it up to my dish and ran a check switch it says I am losing a satellite but I don’t think anything was on it anymore. So far it works great . I will see if it needs the old dish and lnb installed .

Reactions: charlesrshell
Looking at the guide on the 922 it just downloaded channel 198 shows HBO 2 . Tales from the Unexplained. Maybe it’s a clue that HBO is returning.
IMG_4839.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: HipKat
I switched it over no problem. The dish customer service rep was awesome. He also liked the 922 and thought its a really nice receiver. I hooked it up to my dish and ran a check switch it says I am losing a satellite but I don’t think anything was on it anymore. So far it works great . I will see if it needs the old dish and lnb installed .

Which Satellite were you missing? And 198 is a Dish Watch Event Channel now. The show listed is correct

I am missing 77 . The signals are about 60-70 should I put the old dish and lnb back up or is everything going to work fine with the hopper set up ?

I am missing 77 . The signals are about 60-70 should I put the old dish and lnb back up or is everything going to work fine with the hopper set up ?

If you continue to have your HD locals all is fine. You don’t need 77 unless your HD locals are on it.

I thought Dish had retired the 922.

I had a Hws that was on its last leg and saw the 922 on dish depot for 99 dollars a few years ago. I bought it and used it for a little while than I saw a hopper 3 on sale for I think 150 so I bought it. I own a 522 622 Hws Joey 1 Joey 3 hopper 3 . I have been with dish along time. I do want to call them I see on one of the price guides a 922 is 10 dollars a month it’s showing 15 on my account. It’s working great!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)