1'000'0001 the same question. How to start

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a suggestion from another noooo be .. When you find one channel, fine tune your dish until you get (elevation & skew) real close even if it is not the satellite you want, then slowly rotate the dish until you do find the one you do want. The second one will come in quicker if those parameters are close. Even some (maybe most / all)scambled channels will give you Quality.

Yahooooo!!!!:up
I reach my first Bird with very strong signal. :eureka
I got Telestar 5 with 23 channels.
Those are not what I wanted but it is a good beginning.
I will mark the position and look some others.

May want to tweak a little more on IA5/G25 , there' s over a hundred channels there. You may just be getting the very strongest transponders.
But you are definitely in the ballpark!

One question: What is the best linear LNB? I have two one is 0.4Db and the other one is 0.3Db. I am using the 0.3Db, is that better than the other one?

not necessarily. I've worked with a supposed .4 and my old ExpressVu (yes they were linear before they were circular) LNB is like a .7 and it gets me the same results as my .4 ;)

There are many no-name/private label LNB manufacturers that will put any number on the specifications if the marketer asks it.
Bob

Piracy has everywhere. But in the perfect world, cam we improve our reception with a better LNB? What is the best of the best?
Another Question:
Everywhere I found that at the beginning is better start without motor. From my own experience...That is true.
Working without motor we get a better "feeling" about how sensitive is catching a bird.
Now, how to set a motor up?
I have a SG-2100 but I have no freaking idea how to do for making thay my CW600S premium works with the motor.

motor install & setup

Our friends at Sadoun have a very nice set of web pages on setting up a number of motors.
Follow the info on yours, and I think you'll begin to get an idea of the fun involved.
How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Applies to DG240-SM3D22-STABHH100-HH120-Motech-SG2100

Though not quite specific to your equipment, SatelliteAV has a very nice document for motor install, too.
Motorized System Install Guide - SatelliteAV, LLC.
It might be worth a read, just to give you a different perspective on the task at hand.

Feel free to ask more questions as you run into problems or are confused by all the new terminology.
We've all been there. :cool:

LNBs: I like Invacom. One model is reviewed in our Review department.
Two most popular units are the SNH-031 and QPH-031.

Motor is working but...

The motor is working well:) but I can get birds just between 87 and 101 and that's it. :mad:To east is because I have interferences, but to the west, I am clear and I am not getting anything.
Additionally, all channels that I get or are scrambled, or are in Arabic, or are about any religion.
Any suggestion???:confused:

Sounds like you are only getting the strongest transponders on the sats that you are locking to.
May need to further tweak your elevation setting and/or the east/west positioning of your dish.
Go to the further west or east sat that you can get, try pushing down slightly on the bottom of the dish, while watching the picture quality. Likewise, try pulling slightly up on the dish , you want to find if the elevation may be slightly off.

Circular and linear LNB

:confused:I read that there have some LNB that works for circular and linear band at the time. Are those a good invest vs performance? Has the C band good FTA Channels?:confused:

:confused:I read that there have some LNB that works for circular and linear band at the time. Are those a good invest vs performance? Has the C band good FTA Channels?:confused:

You can find the list of free channels here
Free TV from United States - LyngSat

I don't know about the investment for performance because I don't have one but, the Invacom QPH 031 does circular and linear at the same time.

QPH-031 Invacom 0.3dB DBS and VSAT LNBs plus VSAT Ku Band Transmitters - BUCs, Receive Satellite TV, Quad CP LP 2-way Satellite communications

How much can I improve with a new LNB?

From your recommendation (Thank you), I checked in some others threads and it looks like the QPH-031 is very good LNB. i am thinking in buying one.
My dish is just 30" and I cannot use something bigger because I provisionally living in an apartment and I do not want the problem with the landlord.
With my current (very cheap) LNB I got some birds but only the stronger transponders. I suppose that because I miss most good channels. The other thing is that I read somewhere that the C band has more and better channels.
The question for you all guys, if somebody ever had similar situation, is if with that LNB I can get more and/or better channels?
I am disappointed with the channels I am getting. Nothing better than the local channels!!

You won't find anything like HBO, Discovery, Starz, TNT, etc. in the clear (at least, not on a permanent basis, sometimes via feeds). If you're looking for movie channels and premium programming, FTA is generally not the answer. C-Band has more of the same, but generally more English-language programming (and more ... interesting feeds, called backhauls). We can't talk specifics about feeds and backhauls in open forum, since the uplinkers will encrypt if they see people are receiving them.

Thanks for your answer. I am not expecting premium prohgrams but at least some channels that I can understand. I understand why in this forum we cannot talk about getting paid programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)