Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am thinking of adding a second FTA Dish to my setup, my old Dish while working the motor is broken and the dish actually flops over when the motor moves too far West.

I was thinking of using my old SuperDISH and lock it on to G10R, however because of the stacked Dishpro LNB its more hastle then its worth.

I am now thinking of taking my old 90CM Dish and permanately pointing it at G10R and getting a new Dish and Motor.

I am looking at the 100CM Fortec Dish from Sadoun it looks more heavy duty then the 90CM and I like the fact that it has LNB support arms as I think one of the issues I have been having with my 90CM dish was that the Invacom LNB seemed to bend the LNB arm a bit due to its weight depending where the dish was pointed.

I am confused at what motor to get for it and am thinking of the Stab HH120 over the HH100 just because of the difference in price is so minimal, that I might as well go for the more powerfull motor. Will getting a bigger motor cause me any issues like throw off the USALS?

I looked at the 120CM Dish but for $75 more combined with the fact my wife would kill me if I planted a 4 foot dish on the lawn has me looking to the 100CM Dish instead.

Is this a good choice? Anything to look out for?

Which LNB should I get with it? (I am planning on swaping the LNBs between dishes so the new dish has the Invacom)

Thanks guys. :)

if the Mrs wouldn't allow a 120cm, the 1meter dish is really good. I wish I could put one on my roof (but due to the roof I can't) :(

Actually I am currently reading about Cascades Mini C Band setup. And am now considering the 120CM setup.

Did Sadoun ever get the C/KU band lnb? :D

THis is my opinion, 90cm dish, depending the maker, some is thin and very easy bend when the strong wind, other maybe heavy duty that will with stand the wind, some between, that still has the chance the dish could bend or twristed for some reason.

Heavy duty dish, that sure weight is much heavy then regular dish, this dish will add the pulling weight to one side, and the larger surface will encounter morewind force and it is really not recommend for roof installation, or you must use longer lenght supporting arm to hold the mount in roof, the short arm come with the dish is not long enough to stable the dish mount on roof if use motor. A heavy dish and a motor, please tell me how much weight it will be if it fall to the drop point. the dish location, a two story home sure is not recommended, and if your house is face to the open area is also not recommended. I had see at least two of this type of installation that the dish is tearing the mount off the roof, end up I have to do it to the pole.

I don't know other area, but in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, this few years, I feel there more stronger wind period then ten years ago, sometime gusty wind is up to 35 or more MPH, thats lots of twisting to the dish. IN our area, I really recommend more powerful motor and install the dish in pole other then on roof.

I will definately be installing it on a pole. :)

Damn I should not have read the Marco Bud thread. Now I am leaning twards the 120CM Dish over the 100 CM unit. :D

I have a GI 650 receiver I have been holding on to and would love to scan the skies again in both analog and FTA. :D

It all helps, especially with the scalar issue and illuminating the dish fully.
If you get the 1M you'll always be wondering "what if" - I got amazing results with the Invacom and 120CM, was an amazing setup.
Say hi to Jamal for me.

I just ordered 2 of the Fortec 100cm dishes from Sadoun, one for me and one for a buddy of mine and I am going to install mine like my meter base mast is installed(did it myself:D ) but cut a 2 3/8 hole up through the roof eve and come up around 3.5 feet or so and connect the dish that way. I have read the the 100cm Fortec's were 16g but the Sadoun sites says 18g, anyway when I compared it with the winegard 100cm the Fortec weights 4 or so pounds more.....

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 138
Scott Greczkowski said:
Damn I should not have read the Marco Bud thread. Now I am leaning twards the 120CM Dish over the 100 CM unit. :D
That was probably one of the best threads ever.

I have a GI 650 receiver I have been holding on to and would love to scan the skies again in both analog and FTA. :D
That was probably one of the best pre-digital C band receivers ever.

Cascade said:
It all helps, especially with the scalar issue and illuminating the dish fully.
If you get the 1M you'll always be wondering "what if" - I got amazing results with the Invacom and 120CM, was an amazing setup.
Say hi to Jamal for me.

Hey Cascade, longtime no see! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.