100cm vs 120cm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maddawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Is there a great difference between a 100cm vs 120cm. I'm thinking of upgrading my winegard to a 100cm fortec dish. I need to get my Tube fix.

Maddawg
If I’m not mistaken, aren’t you in Canada?

Are there rules on dish size like there are in the US? Here if you have a home owners association or rent, you can put a dish up to 1 meter without any hassles from your HOA/landlord (per FCC law...I dont know if the CRTC can protect you too)

I think a 100cm should be fine. I am upgrading from a 76cm to a 90 (one for G10, the other for motorized). I should know in the next day or so what G10 signals went to

What is Tube showing as a signal on your box? Pansat here shows about 33-34 : (

Iceberg, I'm currently renting and my only restriction is no dishes on the roof. Forturnately my backyard is facing the clarke belt. I was thinking of getting a fortec 120cm but none is currently available in Canada. I can get the 100cm for $75 cdn, so not sure if there will be much of a difference. Similar to you the Tube is showing at 32-35% quality which cases lots of pixelation. I also like imageasia channel and that also has poor signal. Just wanted to increase my signal strength dramatically.

Iceberg, I'm currently renting and my only restriction is no dishes on the roof. Forturnately my backyard is facing the clarke belt. I was thinking of getting a fortec 120cm but none is currently available in Canada. I can get the 100cm for $75 cdn, so not sure if there will be much of a difference. Similar to you the Tube is showing at 32-35% quality which cases lots of pixelation. I also like imageasia channel and that also has poor signal. Just wanted to increase my signal strength dramatically.

Both of those are on the same transponder, so it should help

Damn….$75 CAD for a 100cm is pretty good. Sadoun has one for $99 US

I’ll let you know how the 90cm worked out : )

maddawg, have you tried calling Sadoun to ask if they'll ship a 120cm to you?
I called them a few days ago and they're friendly, helpful people.

Ice, loving the new av.

Cascade, Fortec main office is located in Canada and they do not have any instock. Sadoun prices are pretty high and it's cheaper to pick one up locally. I will go with the 100cm for now if there is not much of a difference in surface area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)