103(a) 103(b) issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pack-man

Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
i'm pulling in 95+ on 103(b), however 103(a) is stuttering around 25. i'm confused why this is happening. the tech on the phone said that it sounds like a multi-switch issue. this is odd since i don't have a multi-switch installed. the local hd's were searching for signal until i did a reset, however the signals on 103(a) were still around 25.

does this sound like a defective piece of equipment or a signal issue?

i'm running a brand new slimline dish with an h20 receiver.

that is what the tech said too. someone is coming out there this weekend to install a new one.

is it uncommon to receive 0 on sat. 99?

Do you actually rec. any channels on the 103a sat ? It's possible that there is no channels in your area on that sat.

Jimbo

Do you actually rec. any channels on the 103a sat ? It's possible that there is no channels in your area on that sat.

Jimbo

CORRECT! and if you are receiving all the channels you should be (the key to if you really have an error or not), cancel the tech especially if its going to cost you money. You maybe simply be on the very fringe of a DMA that happens to be on 103a and thus you seeing some arbitrary low reading even though YOU do not get anything from there.

Last edited:
i'm pulling in 95+ on 103(b), however 103(a) is stuttering around 25. i'm confused why this is happening. the tech on the phone said that it sounds like a multi-switch issue. this is odd since i don't have a multi-switch installed. the local hd's were searching for signal until i did a reset, however the signals on 103(a) were still around 25.

does this sound like a defective piece of equipment or a signal issue?

i'm running a brand new slimline dish with an h20 receiver.
103a is local channels only and uses spotbeams, the same for 99. Seing 0 or low levels on these is ok. 103b is the only one that carries national channels.

i'm getting a great signal on 103(b) which confirms that i get all the national hd's, however, i was told that my local hd's are on 103(a). this is why i've been getting a signal drop on it. i am on the fringe of a spot beam, but it seems that they should be able to correct that for me.

it was a new install so it isn't costing me anything for the tech to come out there and confirm all my equipment is functioning properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)