103°B Am i screwd? / Directv New HD Stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A long while back I remember hearing that a 60% signal for MPEG4 would be equivalent to an 80 or 90% signal. Take that for what it is worth since this was along time ago and it was around the time that Detroit started getting the HD locals. I could be true or an excuse for having a low signal strength when installers were barely learning how to install the then new 5 LNB dish.

And more that they might not...with capacity to spare...

AND

all right on time with their scheduled plan..and another bird going up soon.

I think there was a firmware update that corrected that; but I am not sure other than to say my HR20-100 reports the correct numbers, not the lower "bug" numbers.

Charpie...

I actually feel better for you than I do for D* about these new HD channels. For at least the last two years, you've been putting up with everyone (myself included) bashing D*for their HD offerings.

Just wanted to say congrats on being able to turn the page on that chapter of your life! :)

I worked till 2am CT and then had to stop at the grocery store on the way home for some eats. Now trying to get drowsey. LOL!

What are channels 218, 219, 221, 223? Big Ten TV, I know, but I haven't noticed the BTNa channels out there...with "to be announced." have those been there?

Wont be anti climatic for me, I came from Dish a few weeks ago and am missing my TLCHD,HGTVHD and DiscHD. So I cant wait for them to turn the knob.

Yeah it is a big deal, and guess what? I bought my iPhone early on and it's still amazing for me each time I use it. This will be the same. I'm tired of having only a handful of channels that are worth my 1080p tv.

My current 103b:

1406403525_758c7d8acb.jpg

I do not know who to believe. I too am in the 50's on 103b, but 90's on the other sats including MPEG 4 on the 99. According to my installer, Directv told him not to do any tweaking in my market. They say sat isn't hot for my mkt. Any experts feel free to weigh in.

Seeing is believing, and I'm not seeing any new HD, Just as I was afraid would happen, of course the day is not over yet, so much for the 6 am time slot, maybe it will be 8 am.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts