103 Retired to Where?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
So when June gets here and everything is switched over to SES3, what happens to the "old" satellite ASC1?
Best guess is it is added to the thousands of chunks of "space junk" floating around the Earth.

Interestingly enough, there was a satellite that was called ASC-1 it was launched in 1985 at 120W, and was owned by American Satellite Communications, a subsidiary of Contel. It was in service until about 1994. ASC-2 was launched in 1991 and renamed Spacenet 4 after GTE and Contel merged in 90-91. It was located at 101W.

OK. I made the error of using old memory instead of double checking. It is AMC-1 that SES3 is going to replace. Old brain cells just don't work any more.......I'll blame it on being stressed to the max.

So when June gets here and everything is switched over to SES3, what happens to the "old" satellite ASC1?
Best guess is it is added to the thousands of chunks of "space junk" floating around the Earth.

Bob's backyard next to the UFO and Jimmy Hoffa

So that is where Hoffa is. Have to get my shovel and do some digging. Fame and fortune when I find those bones.:eek:
So, SES Americom want to move it to 129.15. Humm, that must mean it is not almost dead after all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts