103W/SES3 Ku?? Is It Hot?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Reason I ask is because I've been scanning it in each night now for the last 4 days or so and tonight I'm getting duplicate channels/TPs?? Had to move the dish about 5 clicks west to get a lock too. Also got some new channels that I've never seen before so I'm thinking that 103Ku is broadcasting from both satellites right now?

Anyone else seeing this?

Hummm, just did another scan and only got 6 TPs and 9 channels? Last night I got 13 TPs and 17 channels, but some of those were duplicates. Things that make you go "hummm"!

I scanned last night and got some wild feeds. Scanned before I went to bed and back to normal.

If you dont skew the LNB properly (to the goofy skew) you will get duplicates...mainly the vertical TP"s will show twice
If the LNB is skewed the -26 then you wont have that issue

If you dont skew the LNB properly (to the goofy skew) you will get duplicates...mainly the vertical TP"s will show twice
You took the words out of my typing fingers, Ice. That was my experience when I used my motorized dish to get 103.0°W. With my fixed 1.2M dish adjusted to the odd ball skew all channels come in fine.

Never skewed that one on that 10 footer before and it's odd that this is the first time I've ever gotten this from a scan? Oh well, hopefully they'll have SES3 in place soon and all this crap will be history.

There were a bunch of feeds up last night for the Golden Globes on 103w ku.

I'm pulling in all the NBC channels at about 75 percent with no skew change on a 1-meter dish with the Satellite AV PLL LNB and MicroHD.

Is this perhaps a sweet spot at which the signal from a non-skewed LNB is enough for the receiver, but not quite enough to register on the alternate polarity?

On my old 32-inch dish, I could barely receive NBC West/Mountain and nothing from East/Central without skewing the LNB, and even then it was super weak.

I can get those NBC channels with my 10ft Winegard and an Openbox S9 but can't get them with the 7.5ft SAMI unless I skew the LNBF. Both my systems have DMX 741 LNBFs on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts