1080i or 720p

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ms2542

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
iowa
Hi,

Dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer in the manual. Recently, I got an HD DVR from Direct TV and I was wondering if there's a way to tell what resolution a program is broadcasting in. I know when I watch over the air channels I can tell if the program is broadcasting in 720p or 1080i and I was wondering if there's an option like that on the remote or the onscreen guide.

Thanks for any info!

Once you've tuned the channel, yes. But if you're scrolling through the guide, no it's not listed anywhere there.

Once you've tuned the channel, yes. But if you're scrolling through the guide, no it's not listed anywhere there.

Nope, there's nothing in the guide to tell you what resolution each channel is broadcast in.
You could look into the channels website and find out I suppose.

Are you wondering about a particular channel ?

Mt TV will tell me but I need to use the TV remote and the info button on it.

I am new to direct from dish. Tell me if I am wrong. I leave my 24 in native and when I want to know what it is I hit format once and it tells me what I am in. 750 or 1080 and if the format is unchanged.

Also, assuming the box isn't hidden behind a door or something, you can always just look at the lights on the front of the unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)