1080i or 720p?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jbonds84

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Is voom broadcasting in 1080i or 720p? I bring up this issue since I notice a slight difference in PQ between HDnews and Worldsport/Rave/Equator. Also, today I noticed that Ultra's show "Haute Couture" is transmitted, according to the program guide, in 1080i.

I think the biggest difference in 'quality' between HDNews and Worldsport/Rave/Equator, is HDNews is shot in a studio, under perfect conditions. The problem with HD, is it will really show all the bad effects of unpredictable lighting, and weather. But yes, like cyuhnke said, all of them are transmitted in 540p. :)

Keep in mind that at first glance, most people will say that a brighter more colorful picture, appears to be of a higher quality, while the supersaturated colors on HDNews are hardly reality.

It's all 1080i now. For awhile, the Cinema10 were in 720p but they changed back about 2 weeks ago and, I must say, for the better, the PQ is way up on those channels.

My Samsung DLP is native at 720p. Should I output the Voom box at 1080i, 720p or native??? I'm confused.

Try it both ways and see what looks best. I've found with my 720p pj that Auto works best for PQ.

my 720p display works best with the box set to 720p. The program guide starts looking a little funky when viewing non-720 channels if you don't, and I can't really see a difference in the programs quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts