1080p Problem

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I tried downloading the Beast in 1080p to test. I have a Panasonic 50" THX certified 1080p (can get the exact model if necessary) plasma and a Yamaha RX-V3800 receiver all HDMI between the 722 to receiver to tv. It downloaded fine and when I went to play, the Yamaha started going crazy flashing from DD to Analog, the TV switched to 1080p, but picture would flash momentarily and would hear sound every two or 3 flashes. Is there anything I need to set for this to work? Thanks.

Are you sure that your TV does 1080p 24? That is the only way that you can get 1080p from Dish.

Are you sure that your TV does 1080p 24? That is the only way that you can get 1080p from Dish.

Similar problems reported on Some Sony's that do support 1080P24.

OP, to check if DISH recognizes your TV as supporting 1080P24, go to HDMI test and check (menu, 6, 3, analysis, hdmi test, disp info, info page 2)

Yes it detects as 1080p24 capable in the HDMI screen. I confirmed that the tv switches to 1080p by using info on the tv remote. I am thinking it has something to do with the reciever, as it just flashes from PMC to Analog to Dolby Digital, really fast (probably 100 times a minute). When I do the status test while the 1080p video is playing (between flashes, the video stays on longer, like 3 or 4 seconds) the status of the HDMI says 1250i 50Hz for the VideoFmt.

Is the receiver pasing through the signal unaltered or do you have it doing some video processing?

Similar problems reported on Some Sony's that do support 1080P24.

OP, to check if DISH recognizes your TV as supporting 1080P24, go to HDMI test and check (menu, 6, 3, analysis, hdmi test, disp info, info page 2)

Thanks for that.:up Never would've found it without your help. Appreciate it! Says mine does, we'll see tomorrow when I order Madaqasquar II 1080p for my niece. Got a coupon that'll make it $2.:)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts