11/4/2009 4:40pm - Uplink Activity Report - 98 changes

Very interesting!!! Missed this one totally... until I got a PM about it.

EchoStar8 77W TP 13 ConUS beam changed from 20000 QPSK 5/6 to 22500 QPSK TURBO CODED 5/6
EchoStar8 77W TP 32 ConUS beam changed from 20000 QPSK 5/6 to 22500 QPSK TURBO CODED 5/6

And Charlie gets them all at his place, not that he has any time to watch them. I wonder what kind of setup he has there?

Evansville folks should be happy...well except for the 77W part.

I am extremely happy to see Evansville and extremely sad to see 77w. Since they uplinked them, any chance Evansville will launch on Nov 18 still or are they still on "hold"?

Very interesting!!! Missed this one totally... until I got a PM about it.

EchoStar8 77W TP 13 ConUS beam changed from 20000 QPSK 5/6 to 22500 QPSK TURBO CODED 5/6
EchoStar8 77W TP 32 ConUS beam changed from 20000 QPSK 5/6 to 22500 QPSK TURBO CODED 5/6

I can lock these, but TSReader seems to freeze and doesn't show any information.

I get a lock using QPSK Turbo and FEC 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. I even get a lock using 16 QAM and FEC 3/4. Unfortunately the DVB Tech doesn't have a 5/6 FEC option.

I am extremely happy to see Evansville and extremely sad to see 77w. Since they uplinked them, any chance Evansville will launch on Nov 18 still or are they still on "hold"?

If everything is like normal, most of the time they launch a week or two after they are put up.

I can lock these, but TSReader seems to freeze and doesn't show any information.

I get a lock using QPSK Turbo and FEC 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. I even get a lock using 16 QAM and FEC 3/4. Unfortunately the DVB Tech doesn't have a 5/6 FEC option.

Genpix doesn't either but has about 5 or 6 options that are hex codes. I'll probably have some time this weekend to swing the 300 over there.

Okay turbo coded Qpsk means more hd on 77 sat?

They are using a higher bandwidth modulation scheme in order for that market to fit on one transponder.

If everything is like normal, most of the time they launch a week or two after they are put up.

hmmm.. Not sure if I should get a wing dish or move to St. Louis. If I go with a wing dish, will they have to run a new line to the receiver or will they combine it with the other line going inside the house?

It's all done outside....

Perfect. I may look at getting a wing dish first and if there is not line of sight (very possible) then I may have to pack up that u-haul.

Guess that means I may have to rewire the outside because I completely changed it since they have been there and is a bit confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts