8/11/2010 4:36pm - Uplink Activity Report - 108 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm in West Monroe, but I'm just going to keep my Baton Rouge moved locals. I get the others OTA. One day, I'll switch out, bit I'll just buy my own dish. I have LOS to both arcs.

I can buy my own Dish and not have to wait around for an installer.

I live in Marion; Do you have problems with Baton Rouge locals being on the fringe of the spotbeam? It's not that bad for me but it will go out before the other do.

I also will either stay with Baton Rouge or move to Shreveport. I like Baton Rouge and I also receive all my locals with a OTA Antenna. I only have problems with channel 39 and thats not a biggie at all.

I thought about going with DTV but I still am a little leary of them They want a extra $25 bucks for a OTA module. Also locals are coming to DTV for Monroe DMA but exactly when????? When this happens, I will become more interested.

I had a online CSR PROMISE ME A HR24 AND H24 yesterday from DTV. He also said OTA module came with the Receivers. He flat lied to make a sell.

I live in Marion; Do you have problems with Baton Rouge locals being on the fringe of the spotbeam? It's not that bad for me but it will go out before the other do.

I also will either stay with Baton Rouge or move to Shreveport. I like Baton Rouge and I also receive all my locals with a OTA Antenna. I only have problems with channel 39 and thats not a biggie at all.

I thought about going with DTV but I still am a little leary of them They want a extra $25 bucks for a OTA module. Also locals are coming to DTV for Monroe DMA but exactly when????? When this happens, I will become more interested.

I had a online CSR PROMISE ME A HR24 AND H24 yesterday from DTV. He also said OTA module came with the Receivers. He flat lied to make a sell.

Nah. I get 29-30 on that spotbeam. But it doesn't go out any worse than the rest of my channels (which is only in a bad storm).

If I were you, I would go Shreveport, though. It's way hotter here (about 60). I thought of changing to them, but I don't want to be suspicious.

I just had a chat with Dish. Now that they put our HD locals on 77w (For Davenport, IA) I have to change my whole setup to get them. They say I cannot just add a dish to get 77 which for me means moving my dish.

Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA:
Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, my name is Randy L. My OP ID is 9EA. I will be happy to assist you today.
While I'm looking over the information you provided, how are you doing today?
Me: I understand that my local channels are now available in HD. What do I need to do to receive them?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'll check for you.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Do you have your account number or is there another phone number that could be on your
account?
Me: maybe I used ###-###-####
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Please press Menu 6-1-1 then Checkswitch.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I need to know what satellite numbers are listed.
Me: I am not in fron tof the TV, I am at work. However I am pretty sure I have 110,119 and 129
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Ok.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The local HD channels come from the 77 satellite. I'm checking on what we can do.
Me: Yes that is what i understand.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I'm just trying to find the easiest way to get you another dish, one more moment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: To do this you would need all HD equipment which means your 625 would need to be
upgraded. I can do this at no cost except $15 for installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: There is a 2 year agreement with the upgrade.
Me: I only need to get the locals in HD on the living room TV which is a 722
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The satellites 77, 72 and 118 or 61.5 will only come through on an MPEG4 HD receiver.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If you try to use the 625 MPEG 2 receiver the channels will not work.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: So all the equipment would need to be HD in order for them to work, on normal or HD
channels.
Me: why do I need satellites 72, 118 and 61.5? Can't I leave 110 119 and 129 and just add a wing dish or something
to add 77W?
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: That may be possible but you would be responsible for the dish which is $99 and the
installation.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would need to look because that means that the wing dish would only be
connected to the 722, I'm not sure how a technician would set it up.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: I don't have the option to set up a wing dish installation because you still have both
MPEG2 and MPEG4 equipment.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The only option I have is a receiver upgrade and having your dish repointed.
Me: My concern is that where the dish is located it does not have line of site to 61.5. I'm pretty sure the current
location can see 77 but I don't think it can see 61.5
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: The technician would be able to take a look and figure out the best way to get you set up
for your HD locals.
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: If it is not possible then the order would be cancelled and you would not be charged or
put in a contract.
Me: thanks but I don't think I want to do that right now
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: no..Thanks
(04-03-23rf) Randy L.9EA: Thanks for chatting with Dish Network Chat Support. Have a great day!!

I just had a chat with Dish. Now that they put our HD locals on 77w (For Davenport, IA) I have to change my whole setup to get them. They say I cannot just add a dish to get 77 which for me means moving my dish.
I don't think that is right. I think you can just add a wing dish for 77, cable it into your LNB input port on the 1000.2 (if that is what you have), and you're done. The 625 might not be able to tune any channels on 77, but that shouldn't affect it's operation on 110 and 119. It's already ignoring 129...

I don't think that is right. I think you can just add a wing dish for 77, cable it into your LNB input port on the 1000.2 (if that is what you have), and you're done. The 625 might not be able to tune any channels on 77, but that shouldn't affect it's operation on 110 and 119. It's already ignoring 129...

That is exactly right. I have 77W wing dish connected to 1000.2 and my non mpeg 4 unit (311) still picks up stations on the 110, 119, 129 and gets all SD channels with no problem.