11 ClubDish Referrals in 02/12, $0 Credit

alexanderdelarge

Original poster
May 17, 2012
Middletown, CT
From mid to late February of this year I made 11 ClubDish referrals. I can tell when they have been redeemed as there is an activation date next to the code on the “My Referrals” (See image below). I am aware that I can only receive credit for 10 out of the 11 as well as a waiting period of 31 days after activation. It has far exceeded the 31 days and it is highly unlikely that all 11 people canceled service prior to the 31 days. Now I have been in contact with 3 different people in the Executive Resolution Team over a period of 3+ weeks. During my interactions with them I have found out that 1) they are busy, 2) this request needs to be researched by another department that I cannot call (Promotions), 3) They recently updated their system that deals with these credits. Had I not contacted them this would have conveniently been overlooked and forgotten. Now what would happen if I conveniently overlooked and forgotten to pay my Dish bill for over 2 months? Would those records get lost in a system upgrade? As it stands I am being cheated out of $500 with little more than excuses as to why. This is my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year as a dish customer. The past two years I maxed my ClubDish referrals bringing in 5 the first year and 10 last year without issues in receiving my compensation. I deserve a prompt and thorough explanation as well as my earned credits. Right now the credits are the only incentive from keeping me from switching to ATT U-vese.

referrals.jpg

Ten years ago when I first subbed to DISH I did the ClubDish bit. The catch 22 is anyone can sign up and if they don't use the ID code provided, the person who refferred them does not get the credit. That's why I stopped doing it. I quickly discovered that I was doing the recruiting work for DISH for free as many I tried the Club Dish thingy with did indeed sign up but didn't use the "promo" code. Bottom line...I recruit new subs but get zippo, nada, jack for it. Rather nice scam for Dish.

Bottom line it's YOUR responsibility to have them use your promo code. Instead of throwing accusations that it is a scam, make sure your promo code gets used. I wasn't going to comment till you started with the scam.....

Bottom line it's YOUR responsibility to have them use your promo code. Instead of throwing accusations that it is a scam, make sure your promo code gets used. I wasn't going to comment till you started with the scam.....

I know mine were used. That's the only way you get an Activation date as seen in the screen shot.

During my interactions with them I have found out that 1) they are busy, 2) this request needs to be researched by another department that I cannot call (Promotions), 3) They recently updated their system that deals with these credits.

We mangage 3 Dish accounts because we help our elderly parents with Dish. We noticed on all 3 new May bills that no credits were given for any referrals yet all three online accounts indicate several "activated" referrals in February. The 3 accounts are only receiving credits for January referrals.

So I believe there's either a glitch in the new referral system update or the new update dispenses credits later than before.

I believe there is a limit to the number of credits too

You are correct. Two years ago it was limited to 5 a year (@ $50 per referral). Last year they increased to 10 and continued with 10 this year (@ $50 per referral). Before I started to refer this year I called and made sure last years elapsed and any new referrals counted for this year. Basically I did everything by the books but this years credits mysteriously and silently failed to amount to anything other then documented proof they were redeemed.

That’s like referring someone to a diner and it being my responsibility that the meal tastes good. It’s a Dish promotion not my promotion. If they truly wanted this to work and benefit the person making the referral Dish could make the process and “promo” user friendly and transparent so that it could be done online, via touch-tone or better yet, CSR’s who actually ask how you were referred and if you have a code. Perhaps they could spend as much time and effort improving their customer service as they do sending me the Club cards and other mailings on an on-going basis.

I have had it take up to 6 months before credits started showing up on my bill.

If that's the case anyone with pending credits 30 days over the time in which they said they you should receive them should be given the same grace period to pay their Dish bill without penalty. Unless of course you can add an extra $5 in credits on your account for late fees.

The DIRT team members here are the same people you were referred to on the other forum, where you raised this same issue???? Are you expecting a different outcome?

Its been just about 72 hours (max time frame given by Dish) since the Executive Resolution Team said they would have an answer from the promotions department. No word yet. Keep it mine this is the 2nd + inquiry they have made on my behalf with no progress over a period of about 4 weeks.

Are these referrals local to you? Because you refer so many people, if they are local in your area, you'd probably be better off making a deal with a local retailer and get the referral bonuses directly from them, maybe in the form of cash. :)

DISH’s Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR Awarded “Best of Show” at 2012 CEA Line Shows

No 3D for Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)