110/119/129 using DPP 500 and old Dish 300?

kcobra

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I have a Dish Pro Plus 500 hooked up to a 211k receiver. It picks up 110/119 fine. What are my options to add the 129 satellite into the mix? I've got an old Dish 300 single lnb dish. Also got an old Dish 500 with the SW21 switches. Can I use any of this to add 129 to my setup? I know I can just buy a 1000.2 dish but I was hoping to save some money. Thanks.

Do you have a dish pro plus twin? IF so you can easily plug the side sat into thein port of the lnb and get 129 to all receivers. You wouldn't need any outside switches as the switch is built in to the lnb itself. I upgraded to dish pro Plus twins years ago because of the ease of use that comes from having them. I hate outside switches .

Use the 300 dish, point it to 129, run into the D.P.P. Twin in port on far right side of LNB, as stated earlier, run check switch on all receivers, your good to go!

Thanks for the help guys. All the old Dish stuff I have are legacy lnb's. I'll see how much it cost to get a DP lnb vs a 1000.2 dish and go from there.

One other question. Is there any cheap signal meter worth using to line the dish up? In the past I have always been in apartments where I could just turn the TV volume up and listen for the tone. This is not an option in my house unless I run a TV and receiver via an extension cord outside.

Thanks for the help guys. All the old Dish stuff I have are legacy lnb's. I'll see how much it cost to get a DP lnb vs a 1000.2 dish and go from there.

One other question. Is there any cheap signal meter worth using to line the dish up? In the past I have always been in apartments where I could just turn the TV volume up and listen for the tone. This is not an option in my house unless I run a TV and receiver via an extension cord outside.

I use one of those inline analog meters and it works pretty well. I've also used the intercom feature of the cordless phones I have which worked just as good.

The dishstore.net has a cheap 19.99 sat meter that is easy to use and I have used it to peak all of my dishes for years now. I recommend it.

Hi everyone, I have the same setup as the OP, however after following the directions for dish alignment from dishponter.com I'm getting 129/119 on the Dish 500 DPP Twin instead of the usual 119/110. Any suggestions on why am getting 129/119 instead of 119/110? I would take care of adding 129 later. Also, if I connect another DPP Twin to the DPP Twin, will it work?

Thanks.

Hi everyone, I have the same setup as the OP, however after following the directions for dish alignment from dishponter.com I'm getting 129/119 on the Dish 500 DPP Twin instead of the usual 119/110. Any suggestions on why am getting 129/119 instead of 119/110? I would take care of adding 129 later. Also, if I connect another DPP Twin to the DPP Twin, will it work?

Thanks.

It sounds like the azimuth is off about 10 degrees west.

Thanks.

If you have your Dish 500 tuned in with strong signal strength, use the 300 to get 110. As long as you can see all three sats, you are good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)