110 119 72 - No local HD channels 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nutshellml

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
East Coast
Good afternoon. I have Dish Network, 250 package, using a 722k box. I recently switched from 61.5 to 72 and now i am getting alot more HD channels but still cannot get any local HD channels (from NY). I am currently overseas (in DomRep) and have full paid service and was told I can get local HDs once i switch to 72 but no luck. Any thoughts? I went to a few sat sites and they said my locals should appear on 9950 9951 (ABC,NBC, etc) but i don't get them. Any thoughts???

If your address is NY then they are on 61.5 and spotbeamed so anything 150 miles or so out of NYC they wont work

Those on 72.7 are ONLY for RV/trucker subs who submitted the necessary paperwork and can get distants

We need to set you up on a full Eastern ARC configuration to have this issue corrected. Please PM your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thanks!

Is this a trick? I thought " Unfortunately, we are expressly prohibited from distributing our programming services to anyone outside the U.S., its territories and possessions as dictated by our programming contracts with the programmers."

I think i figured it out... I can only get local HD on 72.5 if i have DISTANT NETWORK authorized and only way to do so is via RV or BOAT...

I think i figured it out... I can only get local HD on 72.5 if i have DISTANT NETWORK authorized and only way to do so is via RV or BOAT...
Sounds like you are trying to bypass LEGAL RECEPTION OF DISH Network if that is the case good luck but avoid DIRT. They have DISH as their master.

to get the hd localas you have to get a rochester NY address and point the dish at 61.5 and you will get them in hd

to get the hd localas you have to get a rochester NY address and point the dish at 61.5 and you will get them in hd
He still won't get those locals as Ice said, they are spot beamed. So no way will he be able to get the NYC locals where he lives. The only way that he can get distances is to prove that he has the right to get them. That means a NYC DMA address and papers to show he has an RV or a very large boat that can have a dish that doesn't stay at one location.

actually Rochester NY is on 61.5 CONUS whereas NY is on spotbeam so he could do that (switch address to Rochester NY market)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)