116w with a 7 5'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Are you guys locking everything on 116.8 w with a 7.5 ? I have a kti 7.5 in the box and I am going to set it up at my other house.

I'm getting ONLY 40 ITC TV channels on my 7 +1/2 KTI in Virginia. BUT...I still need to fine tune the dish and there are a couple trees limiting my results as well.
11 of those channels are not listed on LingSat.
Someone with a better setup hopefully will chime in.

Recently, I swapped out a 7.5' Echostar (I believe to be a rebranded KTI)...

The f/D and focal length were setup to the KTI specs instead of calculated specs. I was getting a lot off of 116.8º, however some transponders weren't the best. In hindsight, I should've worked more with calculated f/D and focal length than printed specs.

On one hand I want every channel I can get...on the other hand I have so many now that it takes me forever to decide what to watch.Decisions,decisions.

Reactions: fred555
With the 7.5', the channel (and mux) that rhymes with Bolden was troublesome at times for me on this satellite, again I think it my f/D and focal length settings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)